Autopsy Round 6 vs Brisbane - what did you learn?

Remove this Banner Ad

For a debut aliir was ok

Derm made me miss dunstall

Umps kept the lions in it, yeah ok we were average and its bad to whinge about umps, but so many soft frees giving them goals, umpire 17 is just a cheat

Tippett is carrying the ruck, not sure sinclair getting injured makes much difference

Mcveigh soft today pathetic captains game

Class won out in the end and we did what we had to do, not pretty but important win

Well that was one side playing like possessed and the other just showing up they wanted it more we were lucky to win.

If your slightly off any team can beat you on the day, Franklin hehe.. another game won off his boot.

We scored almost 100 pts which in the end won us the game.

That was a bad ugly game but thank God we won, why are brisbane supporters complaining about umpires? That's the only reason they were in the game, I hope Christensen gets cleaned up one game

We weren't great but don't undersell the Lions performance...they had a red hot crack and really took it up to us.

A game like that isn't necessarily a bad thing, the boys will no doubt get a boot up the proverbial in the review and hopefully come out next week a much improved team.

Great win because we played like crap.

Parker, Hannebery Franklin and Tippett very good. A lot of ordinary performances but we move to 5-1. Happy days.

Recovery important for next week, that's two wet slogs in a row.

4 points. I'll take it. Kudos to Brisbane for a very tough game but we were always just ahead of them on the scoreboard. Sometimes you have to win ugly. Great grab to seal the game Parker. A spell in the 2's for Papley, as much as I like him? To be fair, he wasn't the only Swan who had a down game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A win is a win.

Thought AA was good on debut.

Good to get tight game situations into the young players despite the opposition. Will help down the road.

Parker should be captain already, steps up when needed.

Let's just say I'll need 6 scotches after that!

Positives:

- Mills was fantastic today.
- Rampe played the best game I've seen him play almost.
- Buddy enough said

Negatives

- Ball use- it's wet don't handball it
- Sinclair's injury
- I wasn't hungover enough to forget the game.

Great win because we played like crap.

Yeah, it's what Hawthorn and other great sides do. Eek out wins despite being outplayed and playing poorly.

Still don't feel like celebrating the win, but come the end of the year when we are hopefully vying for top 4 we will just remember the 4 valuable points today, not the manner in which they were earned.

Escape from New York that game.

Not sure the Swans really put in the required effort at times, but the Lions were super hungry and super impressive. Swans look like they're bringing out the best in their opponents every week. That bodes well for the season and finals, playing like that week in and week out should toughen up the team.

The game was like a wet sandwich. Awful. What I learnt ...
1. Horse has no idea how to coach for wet weather football.
2. The ghosts of 2015 have not completely left the building.
3. We can't catch a wet ball in one grab.

Finally - Buddy looks like he wants to clunk a mark but it just ain't happening. Is it technique? He can get into the right position but just can't grab the ball in one action.

For a debut aliir was ok

Derm made me miss dunstall

Umps kept the lions in it, yeah ok we were average and its bad to whinge about umps, but so many soft frees giving them goals, umpire 17 is just a cheat

Tippett is carrying the ruck, not sure sinclair getting injured makes much difference

Mcveigh soft today pathetic captains game

Class won out in the end and we did what we had to do, not pretty but important win
This. You pretty much summed up everything I thought.

Id add that Derm leading that pathetic commentary makes me sick. So bloody bad to listen to. Why can't people see the obvious issue? Derm & Dunstall hate us, Essendon and the cats. You listen to games they commentate and it's so obvious. Their bias against Sydney knows no bounds and makes Fox look unprofessional and nothing more than a boys club (which is why I don't pay for Foxtel but pay my money to the AFL instead).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back