Autopsy Round 6 vs North Melbourne @ The Bank - 23/04/23 - 4:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

King kicking 5 is massive. Ainsworth kicking 2 is also important.

Chol played well form what I could see. Used his body and took some decent marks.

Having Weller and Powell is so important. They both look so good. And Weller gives us another great kick forward, allowing less predictability.

Humphrey looks exciting. Not like Rankine, who was exciting based off of skill, but Humphrey will make things happen by attacking the ball and taking his chances. Love that. Kicked some nice goals and certainly will give his all. Earned a starting spot for sure.

Not a perfect game by any means, but certainly not worth complaining about. Except the Touk injury, which was super deflating. Hoping nothing too bad.

They dont actually know. But surely the doctors test on the ground if your ACL is in tact and know right away?

“It’ll be something around my knee and my meniscus ... it’ll be a small recovery and we’ll be back out and running soon,” Miller said.

“Nothing’s cleared but I doubt it’s an ACL, from what I’ve heard when other boys have done it, it’d be a lot worse than that (what I felt).”

Sounds like they don't actually know with Miller.
Fingers crossed its only a few weeks off.

It will force us to try a few different things through the middle.
Davies might get a run, sounds like he played well in the VFL.
Humphrey should see a bit more time in the middle.

You'd think Sexton comes in for Rosas if he's injured.

This didn't age well...

PbQEGfr.jpg

Touk certainly hasn't been moving quite as freely as he normally would but sacrificed his game a bit to keep ldu quiet, reckon it helped Rowell get on the outside a bit more often. Wonder if Davies could do something similar, was pretty good in the reserves today.

And just like that Ben King is on track to score 50 goals per season. Still some people want him in VFL? :p

How good was Powell early?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why historical, we beat them twice last year?
Funnily enough, we did make history in a sense tonight. For the first time since our debut season, we now have an even 50/50 all time record against North Melbourne with 9 wins and 9 losses. We've also got an opportunity to get the all time ledger against Richmond to 6 wins and 7 losses should we win next week.

Powell was unreal early, back to half back and Weller more wing looks better.
Yeah, much better. Perfect roles. Weller is not great defender. Wish teammates used Weller more, he was often open, suggesting switch. Very impressed by both of them watching from stand. Wish we had Powell 3x, one for each line.

Clarko spending half presser whinging about travelling. Comedy. He should look at interstate clubs.

Also he's talking about young players learning. Bloody hell both teams were the same age and had a lot of game experience (110 games). We sure had Andrew learning a lot from mistakes :)

Last edited:
Ok, if you would have to choose between Rankine and :bearface: long-term. Who would you choose? :bearface: is bloody impressive in hist first games and should be a bull in the middle too.

Ok, if you would have to choose between Rankine and :bearface: long-term. Who would you choose? :bearface: is bloody impressive in hist first games and should be a bull in the middle too.
I think Rankine is classier, probably more evasive, a better field kick and has more speed as an outside or link up player. Work-rate can be questioned at times, and he lacks discipline, but will provide plenty of score involvements and an insane highlight reel. In half a second he will find an avenue to goal and constantly does the miraculous. However, he cannot speak to the media well at all.

Humphrey is more the in-and-under type forward or midfielder. Might not have the same smoothness in his movement, but he has the strength to stand up and throw down. Probably a better leading forward or contested marker too, and has a long kick off just one step. Also, I doubt you’ll ever question his effort or intensity as he attacks the contest hard. In addition, seems more of an on-field and off-field leader type, and speaks well in the media from what I’ve seen.

At this stage I’d take Rankine, as he is further into his development and a proven commodity. We also don’t have his like at the Suns. Humphrey can be an upgrade on some of our players though, and we should be very happy with him on our team.

To paraphrase JA Adande - "In order to win games, You need to win games"

Was it by as much as we wanted? No, But it's four points and over the years I think we've learned not to kick a win out of bed

Also whichever one of you used a monkey's paw on today's game, I will find you and take your knee to give as sacrifice to Touk.

At least they're both having shots, the more the merrier
Absolutely.

5.5 scoring shots a game between them is pretty decent for first 6 rounds given where they’re coming from.

Round 1: 1 combined goals.
Round 2: 3
Round 3: 6
Round 4: 1
Round 5: 3
Round 6: 6

You just want to eliminate those games like round 1 and round 4 where neither have much scoring impact.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back