Game Day Round 6 vs Port Adelaide Magpies - The Most Successful Football Team in Australia. Happy now Trucko? No I won't leave, get your hands off me!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering he inherited his first premiership list and has a record for developing the youth that would make Ross Lyon blush the odds are against him. I'm sure he'll get his chance to find out though.
Get his chances is what kills our hopes for another flag next ten twelve years IMO.
We ditched our club champion Woosha when it wasn't gonna work out

Harry is on the ten year plan. unfortunately he has showen enough that he will never be an effective key defender. carved up completely by young very average leading forwards and makes some really costly dumb mistakes on top of it. Move him on and many others like him.
Nah he needs to get smashed to learn

Like Macintosh on Carey back from n the day.

Hurn should never play again (bar a farewell game at Optus).

Look at his last minute there. Takes a mark with nobody on the mark, but chooses to turn to his left and chip pass, gets the return ball for stat padding, does it again, then turns it over.

If he stays in next week, Darling too, Simpson is done.
Hunt should be tapped on the shoulder.

Darling was serviceable I thought.
Who replaces him anyway?

Get his chances is what kills our hopes for another flag next ten twelve years IMO.
We ditched our club champion Woosha when it wasn't gonna work out

Agree but always remember, all funds spent paying out Simpson are funds the admin can't pay themselves as a reward for running the best bottom line in the business. Still got 2 years, he's going nowhere I wouldn't think. And I know its popular to say Worsfold was a rubbish coach and was sacked, I honestly believe he walked for family reasons and had he stuck around 2014 and 2015 would of gone the same way they did under Simpson or better.

Considering he inherited his first premiership list and has a record for developing the youth that would make Ross Lyon blush the odds are against him. I'm sure he'll get his chance to find out though.
Inherited his first GF list perhaps but the flag season was born on the back of a fantastic spine (JK/JD/Nic inherited, TB/Gov developed), a midfield he built (Shuey/Gaff*/Masten inherited, including Masten as inherited even though everyone hated him the entire time and said he was s**t then. Yeo/Sheed/Redden added) and a group of 10 debutants that season for both club and career. Throw in Jetta, throw in turning Shep into Shep (albeit missed the GF), throw in Lycett (drafted and irrelevant before Simmo) and Vardy (new acquisition).
That team was Adam Simpson’s team and game, with a sprinkling of tremendous talent from the previous era (JK/JD/Nic/Shuey/Hurn). Everyone else there was either made better or brought in by Simmo.

Being at a laughably low ebb now doesn’t change history.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today was borderline unforgivable to the point where I wouldn't be surprised if many don't bother turning up or turning the TV on anymore.

Inherited his first GF list perhaps but the flag season was born on the back of a fantastic spine (JK/JD/Nic inherited, TB/Gov developed), a midfield he built (Shuey/Gaff*/Masten inherited, Yeo/Sheed/Redden added) and a group of 10 debutants that season for both club and career. Throw in Jetta, throw in turning Shep into Shep (albeit missed the GF), throw in Lycett (drafted and irrelevant before Simmo) and Vardy (new acquisition).

That team was Adam Simpson’s team and game, with a sprinkling of tremendous talent from the previous era (JK/JD/Nic/Shuey/Hurn). Everyone else there was either made better or brought in by Simmo.

Being at a laughably low ebb now doesn’t change history.
And don’t forget the cruel loss of Venners who could been anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back