Preview Round 6 vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

We enter Friday night only 2 games plus % outside of the top 4...

What a f***** season of footy this is turning out to be.

I was saying today that I barely can watch a game atm such is the cluster it has become; I used to watch lots of neutral games; this year, what I have watched in Rd 1-3 has been boring and I turn it off. It’s hard to justify Poxtel turning it back on to watch a close 10 minutes.

When is the last time Atley for example, immediately played on and went for a run and bounce ? seems like the 1st option now (almost team wide) is the 15m chip kick backwards,or quick handball to any team mate within 2m, way too defense oriented for a player with his skill set, game plan has almost removed all pro attacking moves from the playbook.

Atley is symptomatic of our problems, so many times there was room in front of him to gun it, but stopped, went back over the mark and we lost possession of the ball. If he isn't going to exploit his only real asset, his straight line speed, then he is useless anywhere other than up forward where he has shown he can score and create some goal scoring opportunities.

Get them in: Jack Trengove was outstanding with 37 disposals and two goals in Port's SANFL win against Norwood. Steven Motlop responded to his axing with 31 touches and 10 clearances, Karl Amon had 30 and two goals in his first game back from a knee injury

Who's our 30 plus players we got ready to roll into the senior side?

Get them in: Luke McDonald is likely to return after serving a one-week suspension, while Tarryn Thomas should come straight back in after being rested last week. Dom Tyson could be in contention despite not playing in the VFL at the weekend. Nathan Hrovat, Tom Campbell and Nick Larkey are other options.

Yeah excellent!!
Carey keeps saying the problem is not the list
I beg to differ I think the list is bloody awful.
It’s old, has no depth and the 20-25 age group is an utter disaster
Slow and poorly skilled
The comparison of our VFL players who lost to bombers by nearly 100pts to ports players in SANFL is truly remarkable

:oops:

We need a crisis to create this environment? I'd like to know why this wasn't the norm!

Nail. On. Head.

It's AFL, FFS. Maximum effort has to be the standard, not the exception.

I'm sounding like a broken record, but this is also on the coaching group. They need to have created a culture where less than maximum effort is called out and punished. Brad's had a decade to create such culture and failed to do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Slow and poorly skilled
The comparison of our VFL players who lost to bombers by nearly 100pts to ports players in SANFL is truly remarkable
People often refer to 'the list' and 'the best team' interchangeably - in our case that is clearly wrong.

Our best 22-28 this year on exposed form should be good enough to make the bottom part of the 8 - IF the coaching, selection and match day strategies were good and our pre season preparations were at AFL level.

However 'our list' and where it will get us to over the next 3 years is as exactly as you say.

Slow and poorly skilled

This was posted on June 7, 2018 by the Duck. Yes, we went to s**t after this but his point still stands. The list is capable and is able to produce. With the additions we had, we should've been pushing for the top 8.

North for the flag? Why not? https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/north-for-the-flag-why-not-20180607-p4zk2y.html

I feel for Port facing us this week.

It's like facing a part-time finger spinner in the over before lunch. Whack him around the park and nobody applauds, it's what you were meant to do. Get out to him and you'll be humiliated.

And given all the talk this week, who knows what we'll bring.

Let's just say, we need all our fielders on the boundary.

Been told training intensity well up, tackling drills aplenty.
Anybody wonder why we end up losing the first game of the season or dropping close ones.
The players are simply not prepared to train the with same intensity they want to play.
And it takes something like Essendon for them to pull the finger out.
disgusted.

Theyve got the mindset right, it all falls on how North responds.

I don't think we're up to it, even if the effort was fire-breathing the gameplan doesn't stack up. They demolished us in JLT 1, their younger players will throw us off, Lycett will tear us a new one, Powell-pepper will get off the leash and impact.

We're really staring down the barrel of a bloody ugly one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back