Preview Round 6 vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

So many people say they love this club, yet when we hit some headwinds the same people start spouting rubbish that they want us to lose so the coach goes blah blah blah

Frankly I never want us to lose, not for a second, not ever, not even if it meant losing a No1 draft pick

that is not us

so those who call themselves "supporters" , harden the F%^k up, stop acting like Tigers fans on steroids and start supporting your team

Slightly spurious premise. No one is salivating at the thought of losing the game or coach in and of itself. Some people are wanting a catalyst for change which is understandable after 10 years of the same regime.

Anyone who could honestly state "not worried just some headwinds" is either blindly optimistic, not going to ever be swayed in their mood by poor performances or is seeing green shoots almost no one else is detecting.

Port fans have the luxury of being recession proof, and don't encounter anywhere near the emotional toll that we all do. They can always look forward, whereas we always have one eye fixed backwards, checking out for how close the hell hounds are looming up on our heels.

When I was a kid I used to have dreams like that. Well nightmares I guess. Big wild dogs with glowing red eyes chasing me. One day I'd had enough and I turned around and faced them. Couldn't have cared less about the fear or whatever any more. I'd just had enough and was gonna live or die fighting.

All I want to see is us play like that.

Its been too long.

(Of course the moment i turned and faced those things they turned tail and fled. I'm sure there's a lesson in there somewhere.)

Serious question if you could take one of these which would it be, 100+ point loss but Scott goes or a backs to the wall win and a chance to get your season back on track which would you take.

There are many similar thoughts going around in regards to Hinkley.

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Sad to say, I'd prefer the 100 points.

How did it ever get to this?

So many people say they love this club, yet when we hit some headwinds the same people start spouting rubbish that they want us to lose so the coach goes blah blah blah

Frankly I never want us to lose, not for a second, not ever, not even if it meant losing a No1 draft pick

that is not us

so those who call themselves "supporters" , harden the F*** up, stop acting like Tigers fans on steroids and start supporting your team

How about YOU "harden the F*** up" princess!

Most of us can see the wood from the trees and accept that the only way forward now is without Scotts. The sooner it happens the better.

We are still "supporters" but we support the club and what we believe is best long term.

Unfortunately it is supporters like yourself that constantly accept the mediocity that's been going on for far too long which is part of the reason why we are going nowhere and why certain underperforming figures like Scotts have been at the club for as long as they have.

The blind loyalty of supporters like yourself makes me sick.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most of us can see the wood from the trees and accept that the only way forward now is without Scotts. The sooner it happens the better.

We are still "supporters" but we support the club and what we believe is best long term.

Unfortunately it is supporters like yourself that constantly accept the mediocity that's been going on for far too long which is part of the reason why we are going nowhere and why certain underperforming figures like Scotts have been at the club for as long as they have.

My preference is we win and still sack the coach..
it’s called ruthless, I don’t want to lose ever.

interestingly were 1 win and 4 losses in both 1975 and 1976... things can change - just saying

My preference is we win and still sack the coach..
it’s called ruthless, I don’t want to lose ever.

I’m the same

But If we win the next few games, the heat comes off us an everything goes back to the norm

We lose and the heat goes back on Brad/the footy club and hopefully after a decade of being dished the same s**t we may get something different

None of these scenarios are guaranteed but what a head *

Actually I'm not sure it's a majority right now that agree the "only way" is without Scott. It's a way. It's the only way mainly for posters who have never liked him or been over him for a long time.

Also, plenty of people (even if they aren't on here) will support the North team and coach that get out there every week regardless, and that's fine - they don't need or deserve to get dragged into this angst.

You are right though that it's unhelpful to talk about disloyalty - the club is more than the people who currently run it, coach it, or play for it and it's certainly justifiable to criticise their performance with the bigger picture as our priority.

Fewer exclamation points and attacks on other posters all round, I guess, would be good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

interestingly were 1 win and 4 losses in both 1975 and 1976... things can change - just saying

Where is there any realistic correlation?

Those sides were the previous grand finalist and premiership teams, and consisted of 9 future TOTC members.

The current North side exists of a surprising 9th place and a couple of recruits.

Strangely enough if that’s your attitude you’ve been conditioned to accept mediocrity.

Start of the season in our 150 year has been unacceptable and should be treated as such. If the ceo and board can’t act, they should go too.

Nothing against BLU, but there comes a point where you have to accept the situation.

Nothing against BLU, but there comes a point where you have to accept the situation.
In my mind the situation is there needs to be an overhaul of the whole football department, McDonald, Crocker, Scott and co all should go.
Realistically this can’t happen till the end of the season.
So what ever happens this year is irrelevant. We’ll win some and lose some, the players will pick and choose which games they’ll show up too. It doesn’t really matter much, as Scott’s time is up.
Personally, I would’ve walked him, half time at the Good Friday game.

Last edited:
Strangely enough if that’s your attitude you’ve been conditioned to accept mediocrity.

Start of the season in our 150 year has been unacceptable and should be treated as such. If the ceo and board can’t act, they should go too.

I don't get how i am accepting mediocrity.

My position is that i want Brad moved on. I have very little belief in our board at the moment and their willingness to do so therefore unless it gets to a situation that becomes blatantly untenable there will just be the continual inaction and smoothing over the cracks.

The win if it it is based on a different approach, which is then sustained. Of course. A Buckley/Hardwick type shift in style and results than is launched by a masive underdog win at our graveyard? Every day of the week.

Last week really should have been 100+ points. Felt like it and I hated it. I don't think getting walloped away by Port is going to hurt anyone at or supporting the club as much as last week did (and I give you R1 as Exhibit A). He turns it around or that will turn out to have been the catalyst for the club making the change.

I don’t really believe that last week should have been a 100+ belting H2H. We basically lost by eight scoring shots and we were more guilty of missing than the Bombers. The whole game turned in the last 6 minutes of term 2. Sure, it was hard to watch. However, WC suffered a worse belting on the field. Obviously, WC have far more credits in the bank. However, I still can’t get past the fact, that personnel-wise we’re a good team.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I don’t really believe that last week should have been a 100+ belting H2H. We basically lost by eight scoring shots and we were more guilty of missing than the Bombers. The whole game turned in the last 6 minutes of term 2. Sure, it was hard to watch. However, WC suffered a worse belting on the field. Obviously, WC have far more credits in the bank. However, I still can’t get past the fact, that personnel-wise we’re a good team.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I'll take your word for last week. And agree about the discrepancy between performanmce and capability. Honestly, if I was in the camp that believed everything has been terrible for a long time, at least I wouldn't be as shocked as I am. Players can play, coach can coach, assistants can assist, all to a pleasingly high level. Why TF is it all so bad now?

that is not us

so those who call themselves "supporters" , harden the F*** up, stop acting like Tigers fans on steroids and start supporting your team

FFS, it's not just "some headwinds", and that's why the mood is as it is.

For literally years we have accepted unsatisfactory performances with the odd sprinkling of tantalising tease. We have accepted short-term, then medium-term, pain, in the hope that the team was being built in such a way as to finally be successful. Many of us thought that accepting this decade of pain was about to pay off with some good mature age recruits added to address our remaining deficiencies.

And then we get this s**t!!! Total and utter tripe.

It's not acceptable. We've been sold a dud. Our good faith support has been pissed back into our faces. It appears that a decade into this regime, the objective remains to "be competitive". Well there's only 2 things wrong with that: (1) we aren't, and (2) it's not enough.

Where is there any realistic correlation?

Those sides were the previous grand finalist and premiership teams, and consisted of 9 future TOTC members.

The current North side exists of a surprising 9th place and a couple of recruits.
the correlation is 1 win 4 losses.... its not that hard is it ??

Jesus.... "Harden up princess"? Take that s**t somewhere else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back