Preview Round 6 vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Me neither. Jy is in the wars, Ahern has had little impact, and I don't mind alternatively rotating Tarryn & Bailey at this stage.
Yep, and I thought it was obvious we missed Lmac last week. He's been a long way from his best, but with the state of our backline we are better with him than without him.
And Larkey I've wanted in since round 1.

Yep, and I thought it was obvious we missed Lmac last week. He's been a long way from his best, but with the state of our backline we are better with him than without him.
And Larkey I've wanted in since round 1.

Indeed, his defensive work has been good, would have helped out, and he's best 22 all day and night long.

Mind you, Port will have 384 inside 50 entries tomorrow night, and Luke will keep Robbie Gray goalless up until the last 8 minutes of the match, when Gray will kick Ports 61st & 62nd goals, and the WBC will sprint to their keyboards, shitcan him to death, and solely blame him for costing us the match.

Do you think if we ditch Brad Scott alone, all will be good in the world again?
Ive-made-a-huge-mistake.gif

Tacklle!
Tackle!
Tackle!
Jed & Kyron😋

Bit of a mini statement with Simpkin dropped after 40 games, its his first time dropped, the only VFL game he played was coming back from a 6 week injury in 2017.

Didn’t just perform poorly, didn’t even touch the ball mate. That’s next level

Not really, Jono Brown managed nothing more than one tackle in his first game and he was ok.

Bit of a mini statement with Simpkin dropped after 40 games, its his first time dropped, the only VFL game he played was coming back from a 6 week injury in 2017.

The coach must have lauded his pre-season on half a dozen occasions.

Brad hasn't twigged that it might not be his fitness, it might be something else......................

Yep cooked.

Looks like a player who knows it too and is hanging on in hope of a miracle.

It could easily turn for him but he's not the type of player that demands a senior game to get back into form. It was obvious for all to see that he's half a step late or early and basically couldn't jump.

I don't hate the changes either, as they are all justifiable on their face.

However, if you subscribe to the view that as well as having his untouchable favourites, Scott also has players he hates and who he he actively undermines, then these selections do nothing to assuage that view. Of course, I'm taking about Preuss last year and Ahern given his woeful treatment the last few weeks. And now, what's behind keeping Larkey out until a wet night in Adelaide when we're going in with little chance? It just seems like he's being set up to fail so Scott can feel vindicated in his apparent dislike of Souva.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ahern is a fairly confident and cocky young fella outside of footy ( in a good way ) It wouldn't surprise me if he and Brad have had words.
Wow! I recognise that personality traits in a few, explains a few things. Not submissive and easily controlled. If I was picking on personality, I'd want the guy whose confident and backs himself.

Against popular opinion here, but I don't hate the changes.
I don't like them or hate them

I just think we're shuffling deck chairs.

We've got systemic issues and ins and outs are arbitrary. I mean even if we win I think it's just prolonging the inevitable.

I won't be surprised if we let this kid slip through our fingers because he and the coach clearly don't see eye to eye according to optics.

His game style simply doesn't gel with what Brad wants, Ahern is all see ball, get ball.

Mind you if this happened it'll be one of the biggest blights on him as a coach for letting such a talent walk.
He's a great Hunter of the ball with a good finish on him, why would you risk losing him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back