Preview Round 6 vs Port Adelaide

Hey mate, seriously now, when have you seen a more insipid 5 games of football from a North side, relative to age and experience?

I don't go back far enough to have seen a worse series of games.

Geez it’s tough to come up with one. Even our teams of the 80’s had an almighty crack, particularly coming off a thrashing the week prior. I honestly don’t remember a run like this. We look like we’re trying the reinvent the wheel with our whole setup, being so inept as we seem to be. Not good!

WD Roo

All Australian
Dec 18, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Who stays in the side is more the point we should be asking?
Atley
Cunners
BBB
Anderson
Higgins
Pittard
Polec

That’s it
Polec can get f***ed. He was absolutely shite tonight. I thought he was a good pick and we dumped with Pittard and Hall. But those two turned to be not so bad. The players that come in ate the ones that haven't pleated yet.

Big loss here could be the nail in Scott's coffin? Carlton the week after...
I haven't been to a game this year as l am overseas but the only game l got to watch was the win over Adelaide. Maybe when I get back for the Carlton game they might start winning.🤔

The Dingrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 25, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Brisbane Bandits
If jack wasn’t captain he would be dropped for that performance. If Scott wants to show he is ruthless that’s the move. Drop him. Do it early in the week. Set the standard and put it on the agenda. It could be the making of both JZ and Scott as to how they would bounce back
We know he’s not ruthless.

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
I'd be looking at Atley, Higgins and maybe even Cunners having a spell after today. I can understand some * players running away from Cunners in the middle but not Higgo and especially not Ats.

Atley was one of the better ones Ferbs

We will probably crack in hard and go ok because that is what we do at North these days, pick and choose when we can be bothered applying ourselves.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
As Kingy mentioned, it's a 'lucky dip'.

Smoocher

Premiership Player
Feb 9, 2013
Sporting capital of the world
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Magpies
Want to see some kids played.

In Thomas, Larkey, Murphy if fit.

Out. Wright, Wood, and unfortunately Ahern.

I think Ahern has all the ability in the world but we can’t carry another slow midfielder who offers absolutely nothing defensively.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
Port’s game last night after losing to Richmond at home could be a reminder that nothing is impossible, and you can turn a lot around in a week.

Expecting minimal changes and can’t really see any personnel moves that would make a big difference. All those players can and should be going better than they are.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Geez it’s tough to come up with one. Even our teams of the 80’s had an almighty crack, particularly coming off a thrashing the week prior. I honestly don’t remember a run like this. We look like we’re trying the reinvent the wheel with our whole setup, being so inept as we seem to be. Not good!

Well there you go folks, it's not just me. There's die-hards all over this board who go back to the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's who are pointing out that what we are witnessing right now is a situation so poor and unrepresentative of this club, that it spans multiple generations. You are currently witnessing a black hole event in the 150 year history of this club. It really can't get much worse.

Well there you go folks, it's not just me. There's die-hards all over this board who go back to the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's who are pointing out that what we are witnessing right now is a situation so poor and unrepresentative of this club, that it spans multiple generations. You are currently witnessing a black hole event in the 150 year history of this club. It really can't get much worse.
When we used to blow leads in 2013-15 and ruin our top 4 chances, there was extreme anger but optimism remained as the potential to go from an okay to good side was prevalent.

Right now I can’t remember being so disappointed as a North person since Carey left. And even then we still had heart and survived. But right now, just powerless numb disappointment.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Were litterally on the bottom , so yes its about as bad as it can get regarding an 18 team comp however its the duration that scares me. I have little doubt we will be occupying the celler for some time yet.

Aug 15, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hey mate, seriously now, when have you seen a more insipid 5 games of football from a North side, relative to age and experience?

I don't go back far enough to have seen a worse series of games.

I have. Some in the early 70s and late 60s. But competition was less even then. Strong teams and weak teams and you sucked it up for a number of years. Which is why it’s better these days when you have a shot at improvement. Last night was dreadful from a senior player point of view. Wood being criticised but I thought he showed more in this game than he has in the last few. Higgins Ziebell Polec Wright all poor. Anderson a shining light as was Atley. I haven’t left a game early in 20 years but did last night. No redeeming features. The only kicks BB was getting were on the back flank. We have zero forward options. Leading patterns don’t seem to exist. If Brown went one way Waite went the other. What happened to that ?

Back