Preview Round 6 vs Port Adelaide

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
I have. Some in the early 70s and late 60s. But competition was less even then. Strong teams and weak teams and you sucked it up for a number of years. Which is why it’s better these days when you have a shot at improvement. Last night was dreadful from a senior player point of view. Wood being criticised but I thought he showed more in this game than he has in the last few. Higgins Ziebell Polec Wright all poor. Anderson a shining light as was Atley. I haven’t left a game early in 20 years but did last night. No redeeming features. The only kicks BB was getting were on the back flank. We have zero forward options. Leading patterns don’t seem to exist. If Brown went one way Waite went the other. What happened to that ?

Okay, thanks Bernie.

This right now is as bad as you have seen in 45 years though?

Moti

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If we lose this week, then lose to Carlton, I think that is when leadership will be tested. If Brad isn't shown the door, the entire club leadership team should be questioned.

If we lose this week, then lose to Carlton, I think that is when leadership will be tested. If Brad isn't shown the door, the entire club leadership team should be questioned.

The Carltank game looms very large on the horizon of Bard’s coaching career.

the flying ham

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
On the back of today's VFL there won't be anyone aside from Campbell putting their hand up I would have thought. Most have been poor. Garner and Taylor both showed a bit, but only in patches

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

dimo

Senior List
Jun 28, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Record score on the way!!!
Hopefully then management might wake up!

Polec can get f***ed. He was absolutely shite tonight. I thought he was a good pick and we dumped with Pittard and Hall. But those two turned to be not so bad. The players that come in ate the ones that haven't pleated yet.

Think about it from his perspective.

Picked up as icing and the cake isn't even in the oven.

He's been sold the same lemon we have.

My concern is that it has gotten to the point where I am indifferent about winning games, as I feel as though the winning of games will be held up as some sort of triumphant declaration that we are on the right path.

Put simply, I don't believe we have arrived at a fork in the road and have taken a few tentative steps down the wrong path, where a few wins will see us turn around and hit the other, correct fork. I think we are so far down the wrong path that a win is merely delaying the inevitable. I think it has become clear that Brad will not and cannot take us where we need to go, and no amount of papering over the cracks will salvage this team. A win against Carlton, while lovely, would not fix the eminently clear issues at the football club. Nor would a close loss or a "honorable result" against Port Adelaide.

shinboner spiggs

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Jazz, West Indies
Tyson didn't play VFL today.
He’ll drop Scott and play Dumont on the wing again. He’ll bring in McDonald and Tyson probably for someone like Simpkin, Ahern or LDU.

Its a sad spot to be in when we’re throwing all these senior players back into the mix, only for it to work as equally ineffective.

Last edited:

shinboner spiggs

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Jazz, West Indies
We’re gonna have a half back line of the ages next week with McDonald, Pittard, Wright and McMillan.

The game plan won’t change so ^^^^^^ are the guys orchestrating our attacks of half back. Jesus wept. When can this torture end.

Aug 3, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
My concern is that it has gotten to the point where I am indifferent about winning games, as I feel as though the winning of games will be held up as some sort of triumphant declaration that we are on the right path.

Put simply, I don't believe we have arrived at a fork in the road and have taken a few tentative steps down the wrong path, where a few wins will see us turn around and hit the other, correct fork. I think we are so far down the wrong path that a win is merely delaying the inevitable. I think it has become clear that Brad will not and cannot take us where we need to go, and no amount of papering over the cracks will salvage this team. A win against Carlton, while lovely, would not fix the eminently clear issues at the football club. Nor would a close loss or a "honorable result" against Port Adelaide.

Precisely how I see it too.

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The season was over 2 rounds ago for us, we'd be stupid to think we're a chance to salvage whats left at this point with this coaching staff, with this team, with these skills. We're not gonna pull a miracle and win the flag let alone make finals. Its over. Unless you're NMFC and you're satisfied with a mid-table win again even if that was pulled off.

I'm indifferent to the outcomes of these games, the Carlton one is the more intriguing because I get the feeling Carltons backs are more against the wall than ours who are just crying out for change, its nothing that is fixable on field, Carltons challenges are faced with their on-field so they have more to lose.

If Brad loses the Carlton game, it's over. He can piss off that weekend and leave Crocker to get us through to the bye or coach until the bye and transition us into a new head coach for the future. He doesn't even get the luxury to coach the rest of the year.

Right now any quality side is going to.

Any side that has decent skills

Any side with decent pace.

Seems as a collective we're staring in an abyss at the moment.
Any side who doesn't have a cardboard cut-out sitting in the box.

Poor Adelaide :$

Back