Preview Round 6 vs Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, thanks Bernie.

This right now is as bad as you have seen in 45 years though?

The first week was as bad as I have seen a North side play for competence. Was almost absent of all skill. That goes for 45 years. Yesterday was a lack of heart that was on display.

First time in 20 years I’ve left early.

In the old days there were not many game plans. It was who you put on whom and the mini battles that resulted from that saw the outcome of the game. Now we have a completely uncontested game which revolves around a ‘plan’. Our plan it seems is to chip around the backline until the opposition press up. When they do and the middle of the game gets crowded we try to get an average disposer of the ball try and pinpoint a pass to a good disposer of the ball. This inevitably misses and defence left exposed when the turnover occurs. Out players will not run hard enough to create space in this now crowded area. Other mob then scores. Since when is this a sustainable plan.
We are better going back in time and playing man on man as the current ‘plan’ seems to have a very low chance of success.

Want to see some kids played.

In Thomas, Larkey, Murphy if fit.

Out. Wright, Wood, and unfortunately Ahern.

I think Ahern has all the ability in the world but we can’t carry another slow midfielder who offers absolutely nothing defensively.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Misdirected by incompetent leadership

I'm not really sure where to put this, but I just wanted to point out that Brad's post match claim that "other than Richmond, we’ve played the most players" is completely wrong.

Only seven clubs have used less players than us this year.
It was bizarre for Brad to bring up something that was actually not needed to be said. Whether or not we are rotating players, he needed to confront the issues with the side collectively. Not put the blame on 'using more players'. This screams yet another excuse from Brad and just makes him look foolish now that his 'statistics-analysis' is inaccurate or plain wrong.

Why can't he apologise to the supporters, confront the issues with the side?

When he asked for supporters to rally for the players, it seriously does kill your passion for this club. Asking for support when I've already invested so much money, time and emotion?

That press conference was a bit of a head scratcher...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we let Macmillan embarrass himself one more time on Friday night?

Or does he get saved with McDonald and Marley coming back in to allow him to hide in the vfl?

One day he will get dropped. Dunno when but I'm sure it'll happen.

Are you gonna buy us all beers that day?

It was bizarre for Brad to bring up something that was actually not needed to be said. Whether or not we are rotating players, he needed to confront the issues with the side collectively. Not put the blame on 'using more players'. This screams yet another excuse from Brad and just makes him look foolish now that his 'statistics-analysis' is inaccurate or plain wrong.

Why can't he apologise to the supporters, confront the issues with the side?

When he asked for supporters to rally for the players, it seriously does kill your passion for this club. Asking for support when I've already invested so much money, time and emotion?

That press conference was a bit of a head scratcher...

No, the press conference was a beginning of the shift in narrative you will hear in the next few weeks.

He mentioned number of players used, playing blokes in different positions. Slowly he will introduce young players and inconsistencies involved and before too long he will be in full we're a young team basically on a rebuild.

Blind Freddy can see it coming.

No, the press conference was a beginning of the shift in narrative you will hear in the next few weeks.

He mentioned number of players used, playing blokes in different positions. Slowly he will introduce young players and inconsistencies involved and before too long he will be in full we're a young team basically on a rebuild.

Blind Freddy can see it coming.

That’s what I am talking about!!!

Whilst on form we should lose its how we lose that will tell us about our club.Not wanting to sound melodramatic but if ever there was a week that inspired our boys to "go over the top" and "into no mans land" its this week.
I get it. But that's what the Fremantle game was for and the following games proceeding it.
I think Friday was the game that told us what we needed to know about our club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back