Preview Round 6 vs Saints - changes and preview

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howe will be even better when the weather turns foul and the grounds get heavy. He is a mudder if ever I saw one

mudder_zpsc28245c0.png

You were begging for this one, right? :)

Billy is well and truely the new whipping boy. Does 10 good things, then makes one error and all supporters chant "drop him!".
Hodge clanger leads to a goal and there isn't anything further said.

Billy was creative and proactive. A lot of unrewarded running which created space.
Reckon Billy is about to explode.

Realistically what are the chances of us stinking it up again after the weekends peformance?

0%

That's my honest assessment. I think that the team will be very focused on backing up the performance. Statement time. Particularly against the Saints who are supposed to be an up and comer.

The Saints are a hard running hard spreading team. We will need to keep improving to beat the Saints. West Coast are shite at the 'G'.

Edit: We have not lost to them since 2009, however they should have rolled us in in Tassie last year.

The final scoreline in the Cats v Saints game doesn't paint an accurate picture.

The boys will need to be on from the first bounce.

TOB,sicily, Howe, Brand and Burton should play every game for the rest of the year even after that win it's not like we can win this years flag

Those four have serious talent and I feel TOB and Sicily will start to believe it if only they are given time at the top level.

O'rouke,hardwick,stewart and willsmore should be piling the pressure on

langford,shiels,burgoyne,gibson,poppy to take there spots

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Billy is well and truely the new whipping boy. Does 10 good things, then makes one error and all supporters chant "drop him!".
Hodge clanger leads to a goal and there isn't anything further said.

Billy was creative and proactive. A lot of unrewarded running which created space.

Thank goodness someone said this! Billy was one of our best yesterday. He makes mistakes like all players but is still starting out.

I thought he deserved to be dropped after the Bombers game but he did some good things against the Cats and was on the brink of being a star yesterday. What I liked is that unlike the Essendon game, and games last year, he is starting to use his speed to break the lines and generate attack.

His foot skills are not as good as Hill's but his physicality is far better.

Another 20 games of senior footy and I reckon we will see what Billy's ceiling is.

Thank goodness someone said this! Billy was one of our best yesterday. He makes mistakes like all players but is still starting out.

I thought he deserved to be dropped after the Bombers game but he did some good things against the Cats and was on the brink of being a star yesterday. What I liked is that unlike the Essendon game, and games last year, he is starting to use his speed to break the lines and generate attack.

Another 20 games of senior footy and I reckon we will see what Billy's ceiling is.

I thought he had a decent game, keep him in this guy is a confidence player. He may occasionally turn it over but even our best players turn it over. Hodge cost us a goal, we move on.

Really struggling to be patient with Langers and Hartung. For all their positives, their disposal and decision making is just not up to AFL standard.
They remind me too much of the likes of Luke McCabe or Tim Clarke. Just so bloody frustrating to watch.

Howe for O'Meara if fit, if not for WhiteX. Not sure about Howe to be honest. He was the only player to get a negative rating for me yesterday as he's neither strong in contested ball or quick by foot. Not sure where he fits really. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Jono can come through as we could really use a player with his attributes more than we do Howe.

Howe for O'Meara if fit, if not for WhiteX. Not sure about Howe to be honest. He was the only player to get a negative rating for me yesterday as he's neither strong in contested ball or quick by foot. Not sure where he fits really. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Jono can come through as we could really use a player with his attributes more than we do Howe.

9 tackles
21 pressure acts
Defensive crash midfielder

9 tackles
21 pressure acts
Defensive crash midfielder

Thanks HolyRioli. These types of stats you rarely notice but I'll keep my eyes on his defensive game more now. Just hope his offensive awareness can improve as he'll be very valuable if he keeps up those defensive numbers. I would still like to see him win more of his own ball though, let's hope that comes.

What I liked about his game was that he didn't go back into his shell even when he made mistakes. One passage comes to mind where he created a turnover by hand balling to a guy under pressure, but a minute later he created space and streamed down the wing to deliver inside fifty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back