Game Day Round 6 - West Coast Eagles v Adelaide Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks RookiePick

krrZ71.gif

Where is the Preview and the banter? Where is the siren that was blowing? They have passed like rain on the mountain, like wind in the meadow. The days have gone down in the West Coast (where is that exactly anyway??) behind the hills into shadow. How did it come to this?

Indeed, has Covid-19 emasculated* us so thoroughly that we can find no mirth in the predicament of the Adelaide Crows Football Club? Is there no man among us who has the arrogance to think they are somewhat witty?
*NB - If you have been emasculated via being a woman, please use your imagination to make the line work.

Remember now, this is a football club we have a proud history of taking their hopes and dreams and crushing them to dust in front of their home crowd:

Half time crack for for WC, cracked at half time for Badelaide...

33 points behind in the 3rd quarter? No problems...

However! Hub life in 2020 has not been kind to either Plastic FranchiseTM.

Despite a stirring return to form last week by the Eagles the preceding three weeks of disgusting football leave the Blue and Gold masses fearing the malaise may return at any moment. Hamstring injuries will sideline a couple of our victorious Eagles, with BF pundits high on Brayshaw to debut and Cameron to replace the unfortunate Jermaine Jones. Let's see if the MC agrees.

Adelaide wallow in 18th position with the unflattering win:loss of 0-5 and a crippling percentage of 53.3. Compounding their woes the club seems bereft of on field leadership and is set to drop talismanic ex-captain Tex Walker aka the one armed bandit. Scanning through the Adelaide board for changes was not an enlightening experience. Posters seem keen to douse the B22 in petrol and light a match. I expect the Crows MC will take a milder approach and see progress in last week's effort against the Dockers that showed signs of green shoots but failed to finish in front of goals. Expect another change up forward for the Crows to try and get their finishing right but the adage of it's never as bad as it seems appears relevant...at least in terms of selection.

So in simple terms the Eagles should canter home easily against a side that looks set to take the wooden spoon but getting done by 18th on the ladder is very on brand for West Coast.

Announced Teams:

Teams.rnd6.jpg

Where and When:

Wooloongabba Stadium
1.05PM AWST

DelectableDimAmericankestrel-small.gif

"Let this be the hour when we draw swords together"

I expect the board to be busy with plenty of melts if we are behind and over the top rejoicing if we are humming. No excuses campaigners

"Fell deeds awake. Now for Wrath, now for Ruin, and a Red(den) Dawn!

Eagles by 46 points.

Last edited:

First point about running off him and getting marks because he's lazy and unfit makes sense.

Any ruckman with a brain knows endurance isn't Naitanui's strong suit.

2nd point about "getting the ball off the deck , grunt around ground and beating him in that area" is hilarious.

Good luck with that part Reilly.

First point about running off him and getting marks because he's lazy and unfit makes sense.

Any ruckman with a brain knows endurance isn't Naitanui's strong suit.

2nd point about "getting the ball off the deck , grunt around ground and beating him in that area" is hilarious.

Good luck with that part Reilly.
Is that Adelaide's ruckman? He's gonna get belted.

Meh, hats off to him for coming clean about it.

Personally i'd have gone with the "Cat ran across my phone" defense.

Naitanui's 6 clearances a game compared to O'Briens 1 clearance shows a starting point for the big ranga.

I'm actually looking forward to this one. Naitanui's hopefully increased game time is going to make for some entertaining footy.

1594268770368.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll say it...he's not wrong (at least with the unfit bit) everyone knows NN isn't the fittest bloke going around.
He’s not wrong in that
A) he wants to beat him around the ground
B) he wants to beat him in the contest
C) have a plan and execute.

those three points are what every player should be trying to do each week...

nothing insightful at all in the notes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back