Game Day Round 6 - West Coast Eagles v Adelaide Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only three field kicks and two CP so you’d hope he had good efficiency.

He’s fine but just doesn’t appear to have much upside

That's completely a matter of perspective.

Each time he's played he's come in as a replacement for one of our first choice mids and been more than serviceable. 3-1 record in those games also.

Can't ask for much more. The knock on here has always been on his disposal. There was no proof of that concern today at all.

For the record, did anyone see Worpels game last night? I'm not sure he's as great a miss as what some on here seem to be judging Ainsworth on.

All just imo of course

Started to see signs of the way we play in the third which haven't seen all season.

Was encouraging. Now with the dreaded hub over we can go back to playing our style. First time I'm getting a little excited about what's to come.

Nelson is best 22 and thought some good signs in Yeo Kelly and Reddon finally playing some good footy.

Still got a lot of improvement in this side. Some thing still have a question mark over.

Kennedy and how he will see out the season. Just not sure as feel maybe we could do a lot better playing someone else at full forward and keep Kennedy floating or rest him for a few. He has dropped off a bit from what I'm seeing.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Thought Ainsworth was pretty solid today. Certainly didn’t look out of place at all. I see what people are saying about the funky ball drop, but it didn’t seem to inhibit his disposal, today atleast.
Seems like solid depth worth pursuing with.

A ruckmans job is to win the ruck first and foremost. Disposals aren’t a priority for them.

If you can do both - then great, but I’d rather a ruckman who gets 24 hit outs and 7 disposals than one who gets destroyed in the ruck but gets more of the ball.

Tell that to Grundy.. Goldy etc

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought Ainsworth was pretty solid today. Certainly didn’t look out of place at all. I see what people are saying about the funky ball drop, but it didn’t seem to inhibit his disposal, today atleast.
Agree, and the goal was the icing on a reasonable performance. Regarding his funky ball drop, he apparently has an impaired hand/finger which might be the reason- not sure if this is recent or a permanent thing?
"Ainsworth, a young man who leaves nothing to chance, has battled a displaced finger on his left hand. It is an injury that adds a level of difficulty to his ball-handling, but he meticulously works on those skills..."

It's fine to criticize an umpire for the decisions they make.

It is not ok to criticize an umpire and attribute it to their gender.

Only chauvinist pigs don't understand the difference.
I agree. The umpire we’re talking about made some very poor decisions throughout the day, especially htb decisions where prior opportunity was not given. It had nothing to do with her gender, it was just bad umpiring.

I have seen a lot of ainsworth at wafl level since he came to the club .

It's has been when he plays inside mid at wafl level he just slams it on the boot from contests . With his ball drop he gets all kind of funny spin on it.

Today he played within his limitations and handballed a lot . His kicking is fine with time and space .

He is only young and with our lack of options for inside mid replacements we may persist . Unlike Bradshaw who is our next inside mid replacement ainsworth isn't slow as treacle

That's completely a matter of perspective.

Each time he's played he's come in as a replacement for one of our first choice mids and been more than serviceable. 3-1 record in those games also.

Can't ask for much more. The knock on here has always been on his disposal. There was no proof of that concern today at all.

For the record, did anyone see Worpels game last night? I'm not sure he's as great a miss as what some on here seem to be judging Ainsworth on.

All just imo of course
Worpel had a quiet game and he’s having to adapt to both Mitchell and O’Meara being in the side.

Do you honestly think Ainsworth would have won Hawthorn’s best and fairest if the two swapped places last year?

I’m not even an Ainsworth hater, I’m just resentful that we could have taken Worpel and Miers with those two picks in the 30s (both of whom were wanted by a few on this board pre-draft).

Worpel had a quiet game and he’s having to adapt to both Mitchell and O’Meara being in the side.

Do you honestly think Ainsworth would have won Hawthorn’s best and fairest if the two swapped places last year?

I’m not even an Ainsworth hater, I’m just resentful that we could have taken Worpel and Miers with those two picks in the 30s (both of whom were wanted by a few on this board pre-draft).

Maybe not, but alot has to be put down to opportunity. Would Worpel have won our B&F had we picked him, or even been given a chance to play more than Ainsworth has?

And our self proclaimed resident BF genius recruiters.....how many also rated Kelly and Ryan worth 2nd rounders in that same draft?

I agree. The umpire we’re talking about made some very poor decisions throughout the day, especially htb decisions where prior opportunity was not given. It had nothing to do with her gender, it was just bad umpiring.
I think where some people might have issue is, if she’s this bad how has she made it to the top level of her job. Now don’t get me wrong, there’s plenty of shocking men umpires out there as well so it’s nothing to do with her gender making her a s**t umpire and maybe she is the next best from the next level down? (I sincerely hope not because if there’s worse than what was happening today I don’t want to see it).

I have no issue with women umpiring if their standard is the same as the rest (not a very high bar mind you). It’s not a gender issue or something personal against Eleni as she’s clearly still trying hard to umpire well and there would be a lot of pressure on her, plus the 2020 AFL rule book isn’t exactly black and white. But the questions need to be asked, why or how is she at the very top level with her current performance. I would hate it to be some token publicity thing from the AFL but certainly wouldn’t put it past them. But then is she genuinely the next best in line? Because there must be some absolute shockers around for that to be the case.

No ones knocking her gender as a “reason” for the bad performance, just questioning what got her there in the first place. It’s almost worse for her just being thrown into it like she has been, out of her depth a little, and will no doubt be absolutely hammered by the flogs hurling abuse at her on social media. It is what it is though and hopefully she’s able to improve the more gametime she gets. Maybe she’s a very good umpire in lower leagues when the spotlight isn’t on? Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back