Game Day Round 7, 2016: WB vs Crows at Etihad - Eddie Does Dalhaus

Remove this Banner Ad

Myself and the missus will be in attendance. Won't be easy, but I reckon Tex will kick 5 or more to get us over the line.

I agree the focus on tonight should be winning. We are evolving from a club who understood it was growing and that at times honourable losses were acceptable. But now , now we are a club that IS fighting for a top 4 spot and can claim it. We have the players and the resources and the opportunity.

And because all this is true we must expect to win , margin is irrelevant , the banking of 4 points is all that matters tonight.

Bring it and lets be

Lords_of_Dogtown_Music_from_the_Motion_Picture.jpg

Don't care about the off-field, rarely do. In pure footy terms Beveridge has done a pretty outstanding job to turn this team around.

Anyway, tonight will be won in the midfield. If we are switched on from the first bounce, get clean possession and are allowed to move the ball through the middle we will win. Our forwards will kick a big enough score.

However they won't allow us to do that. The Dogs work hard defensively. Our midfield must be accountable - last week they were not. Our mids and Sauce often come out sloppy in these games and then hope to wrestle it back but we can't afford to give away an early lead.

Due to our tough fixture we're finding out a lot about where we are in terms of Top 4 positioning this year. I'm very confident we're building something here and are developing a Top 4 team but I'm not sure if it's this year - and tonight will tell us a lot.

The margin has fluctuated but I've gone against the grain here and tipped the Bulldogs by 19 points. If we get our skates on early though, a win is definitely doable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The first five rounds our forwards and midfield made up for a struggling defence at times.
Last week the opposite. The defence came good and kept us in the game. Just need all 3 to click together.

The margin has fluctuated but I've gone against the grain here and tipped the Bulldogs by 19 points. If we get our skates on early though, a win is definitely doable.

Nah, we got this :) Our first quarters have been quite good mostly, a complete opposite of last year

Earlier in the week i thought about tipping the Dogs being a 50/50 game and all... but i believe in what Pyke and the boys are doing now. Yes we're building, but that doesn't mean we're no good at this exact moment. With their injuries i feel a win in the bones

Last year, they surprised us and gave us a right old spanking in round 4. This year we'll be more ready as we know now that the Dogs are a good team. Everyone just thought the Dogs were in a honeymoon period last year.....How wrong we all were

Time to bring it. Time to stand up.

Look for the Texas Walker Ranger, to fire up and send a message to a few detractors

The first five rounds our forwards and midfield made up for a struggling defence at times.
Last week the opposite. The defence came good and kept us in the game. Just need all 3 to click together.

I'm not sure on this theory

In the early rounds as a team we conceded a huge amount of i50's which was a reflection on our midfield and during these games our back 6/7 has been huge in defending so many enteries

If it's considered to be a 50/50 game, people suggest tipping the home team. I'm not sure why so many people are tipping the Crows. The Bullies will be frothing at the mouth to beat us. They have a fantastic record at Etihad Stadium. They have a huge chip on their shoulders after last year's final loss, and Talia gate. It will be interesting to see if the Crows can pull their socks up to play better than they did last week. If they're off the boil they could get blown away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back