Game Day Round 7, 2016: WB vs Crows at Etihad - Eddie Does Dalhaus

Remove this Banner Ad

Remember after half time we kicked 4 goals to get within 2 points and then Wallis got a free kick for a tackle in the back by Mackay even though it appeared he turned him in the tackle? I do. Massive momentum changing call that one was.
Fak me just remembered Tex turning around on his left, smothered, turnover and goal to the muppets. Stuff of nightmares

Yep, it's enough to make you go bald, grey or both.

I agree Fagan should make noise, but hopefully he uses a little more diplomacy than calling them cheats.

It did not cost us the win though.

Hopefully Pyke focuses on the areas we need to improve on, rather than the 'woe is me, the umpires don't like us' mentality some people have on here.
The trick is, to call the umpires out on it, without the players feeling like they're being let off the hook.

I dont know how our players even manage to get up for a game in melbourne anymore.

Going into a game knowing the back of your mind you're not getting a fair run at it, week after week, would be tough.

Ahahahaha you couldn't make this up.... Jordan Bannisters Mrs
1bcbf7015562ed0c76cb88fbc746812a.jpg

Enjoyed that Dogs free kick on the wing in the final quarter, some Dogs player runs at Hartigan for whatever reason, Hartigan takes him high. Umpire pays a free to the player who ran at Hartigan.

I'm hoping that someone more observant than me can help me here.....because I told the wife to be quiet and made a concentrated effort to study the centre bounces and the ruck work in an endeavour to pick up any semblance of structure/plan. Admittedly I was trying to see what Jacobs was attempting with his efforts, but it was all in vain............................

It's called a joke.

You're an umpire yourself, aren't you?

Pretty tasteless joke.

No I'm not, but I know how much an umpire has to bust their arse just to get an AFL contract (and all umpire contracts are 1 year contracts) - and some of the crap our supporters go on about them is, frankly, embarrassing.

Yes, call out a bad performance, but enough of the conspiracies that they're out to deliberately get us week in, week out.

If a particular umpire has a history of heavily one-sided decisions against a certain team, I consider that relevant.

You do not?

Only if the bulk of them are incorrect calls.

If they're all correct calls then regardless of the count they're doing a good job right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty tasteless joke.

No I'm not, but I know how much an umpire has to bust their arse just to get an AFL contract (and all umpire contracts are 1 year contracts) - and some of the crap our supporters go on about them is, frankly, embarrassing.

Yes, call out a bad performance, but enough of the conspiracies that they're out to deliberately get us week in, week out.
I believe you are an umpire by the way you are acting. You can answer my other question too please.

Umpires were s**t but there were other factors for the loss. We started like s**t and fell well behind because of turnovers, sloppy footy, missed tackles and poor decision making. Senior players were poor tonight and there's still a lot to work on. Huge game next week, 4-4 would be a huge disappointment given how well we've played.

I believe you are an umpire by the way you are acting. You can answer my other question too please.

Believe all you want, I'm not.

I just like to look above the tin foil hats alot of Crows supporters have in regards to the umpires.

Your attitude towards them being a textbook case.

Remember after half time we kicked 4 goals to get within 2 points and then Wallis got a free kick for a tackle in the back by Mackay even though it appeared he turned him in the tackle? I do. Massive momentum changing call that one was.

Yep, it's enough to make you go bald, grey or both.
Mackay rolled him beautifully it was a great tackle I couldn't believe it. Then Stringer paid a mark he dropped. The dog and baby had to leave the room at that point.

If they're all correct calls then regardless of the count they're doing a good job right.

Not necessarily. If the umpires are paying correct free kicks to one team, but not paying free kicks to the other team for identical infringements, it's a massive problem

Believe all you want, I'm not.

I just like to look above the tin foil hats alot of Crows supporters have in regards to the umpires.

Your attitude towards them being a textbook case.
So you think the umpiring was reasonable?

Time to check out specsavers... ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back