Review Round 7, 2018 - Brisbane Lions vs. Collingwood

Who were your five best players against Collingwood?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry to intrude but just coming to say great effort from your boys today. Our guys really had to dig deep to find our way out of this one today. You'll be a force to be reckoned with not too far away from now :)

Nah. Oscar had several nice touches, was quite a good ruck foil considering Grundy was dominating that aspect, and I'm not much interested in dropping someone who laid seven tackles.

Our best pressure forward. Cameron didn’t lay one tackle.

Don’t normally agree with carnthemlions, but spot on with this post. Mayes needed to be in today and I would never have dropped Walker. When I looked at our interchange bench on Thursday night I was really troubled by the players getting a run before these two. The problem I have with Fagan’s coaching is that after nearly 50 years of closely following VFL / AFL football, he is not making any sense at the selection table and he is not building a consistent or coherent style of play at Brisbane.

This is absolute rubbish and you're being dramatic. You must be doing something right at the selection table if you're having a few losses that are less than 10 points. Mayes has been poor this year and so has Walker. If they were in the team you'd be here saying how Fagan needs to adapt and give other players a go.

1. 2 Luke Hodge
  2. 3 Allen Christensen
  3. 5 Mitch Robinson
  4. 6 Hugh McCluggage SECOND YEAR
  5. 9 Dayne Beams
  6. 10 Daniel Rich
  7. 12 Stefan Martin
  8. 13 Jarrod Berry SECOND YEAR
  9. 15 Dayne Zorko
  10. 16 Cameron Rayner FIRST YEAR
  11. 19 Jacob Allison SECOND YEAR
  12. 23 Charlie Cameron FIFTH YEAR (TRADE)
  13. 25 Daniel McStay FIFTH YEAR
  14. 26 Tom Cutler FIFTH YEAR
  15. 27 Darcy Gardiner FIFTH YEAR
  16. 28 Lewis Taylor FIFTH YEAR
  17. 29 Alex Witherden SECOND YEAR
  18. 30 Eric Hipwood THIRD YEAR
  19. 31 Harris Andrews FOURTH YEAR
  20. 33 Zac Bailey FIRST YEAR
  21. 41 Matt Eagles ROOKIE
  22. 46 Oscar Mcinnerney ROOKIE

Surely this list settles a few people down. These are the players that we had in there fifth year or under tonight. I believe we have drafted extremely well in this period and they just have to grow together. Im in this for the long haul!! This is the first time in years we have actually had kids sign on and want to stay. They are showing plenty of potential and its bloody exciting!

Used all 90 of our interchanges today. Doesn't happen often. Would be interested to know how long we went without being able to use the bench.

Gutted. Gutted. Gutted.

I think we have blown two games we SHOULD have won - when we levelled the score with Gold Coast and Collingwood, we fell away again instead of powering ahead.
Both Gold Coast and Collingwood were absolutely cooked and we still found a way to lose.

Agree with others re selections - I really don’t see why we are playing McInerney - NEAFL footballer at best. Eagles the same.

It is not an unlucky defeat when were behind all game as always. No positives... Kidding ourselves. We should have beaten a tired side on our own dunghill who'd played 3 games in 11 days and were a man down. Fagan will talk positives but we never looked like winning. We are going nowhere. Good kids... Fagan... blah ******* blah... bullshit. Every other team has 'good kids'... probably better than ours... we were saying that crap 10, 8, 6, 4 and 2 years ago about guys that are either delisted because they werent good enough or who left because we treated then like s**t. Christenson is a pretender, has been awful for us... always kicking blind, staging for frees, u turns.. etc... whenever he gets near it, all forward momentum stops... dud.

You are annoying me with your negativity......go away.

Its still pretty much the same problem we've had for years, the stuff that is supposed to be innate... And really comes from confidence. When to stay and when to go. We win contested ball when we commit numbers to the contest but then we lack the outside options and if we don't move the ball perfectly we would be exposed to the counter attack even if we had good defensive running. We were in that game because of coaching to be honest because I started seeing signs of getting the balance right last week and this week I can't really fault our execution beyond composure with our inside 50 entries... And even then we managed to make something out of nothing and get good reward for effort on a lot of occasions

We weren't accurate today because we "fluked" from difficult positions. We finished our ball movement in dangerous positions and got reward for effort. The Pies were the ones who fluked their accuracy today and that is just something that can't be accounted for.

This is absolute rubbish and you're being dramatic. You must be doing something right at the selection table if you're having a few losses that are less than 10 points. Mayes has been poor this year and so has Walker. If they were in the team you'd be here saying how Fagan needs to adapt and give other players a go.
How do you know what I would post? Are you psychic?
748F37E0-29BD-4B6D-B1FD-2CC20E3FF9BA.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Devastated to lose that one.

Cotter had a slight run in with a couple of Pies supporters after the siren went down at the pub.

Might be old, but still throwin em like Tyson

Can confirm.

Gutted. Gutted. Gutted.

I think we have blown two games we SHOULD have won - when we levelled the score with Gold Coast and Collingwood, we fell away again instead of powering ahead.
Both Gold Coast and Collingwood were absolutely cooked and we still found a way to lose.

Agree with others re selections - I really don’t see why we are playing McInerney - NEAFL footballer at best. Eagles the same.

Dumb dumb dumb

Surprisingly heartbroken after that. Have taken the other close losses well this season. Just really wish the boys got some reward for effort.

Maybe we need an Operation Get Brisbane Back On Track in 2018 thread where people could share their remedies for our current situation. Only thing is, I am just not brave enough to start one. ;)

Heart breaking! Sick of honourable losses. We almost always decide to start playing after we get four goals behind. We need that dash and dare from the start.

In the end the Pies were cooked but we left it to late as usual. Had we been a couple goals in front in that last quarter they might have just dropped away and said to hard, but as usual we let in far too many easy goals and many of them coast to coast. Our defensive running is still not good enough. Actually saw one incident where Hipwood lost a contest and then put hands on his hips while Grundy ran off and had a couple touches in a chain of possessions which resulted in a Pies goal. Little things like that add up in the end when its close.

Good to see Lewy finally get amongst it and hope that lifts him for rest of the season but boy does he like to make the easy look difficult.

Zorko was always going to have a big game tonight if they didn't tag him. He nearly won us the game and people wanted him dropped!

Have to watch replay but not sure Eagles was that great. Lost count the amount of times he went for a mark in a contest and missed it. Maybe worth playing again but he is on borrowed time due to age.

McCluggage and Berry will be our best two players in a couple years just need to retain them. Bailey was good tonight had a crack and has real dash - will make errors but has big upside. Allison on the other hand might need a run back in the NEAFL.

Maybe we need an Operation Get Brisbane Back On Track in 2018 thread where people could share their remedies for our current situation. Only thing is, I am just not brave enough to start one. ;)

Given our history of successful Operation threads, we'd be better off starting a Operation Get Lukosius thread. We'd probably wind up winning the flag instead.

Back