Preview Round 7, 2018: St.Kilda v Melbourne - Etihad Stadium, Sunday 6th May, 3:20PM AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. So apart from injuries what is your 22 that you would play this weekend.

So many melts but I have yet to actually see any that then put their balls on the line and stake a claim as to who should or shouldn't come in.

So here is the challenge. Pick the 22. And name their main position for the match. Take into consideration VFL form and injury clouds.

Do one pretty much every game. Always a similiar theme.
Acres in the middle. Sinclair on the wing. Newnes in the bin.

FB: Geary brown Savage
HB: white Carlisle coffield
C: Sinclair Steele Clark
HF: Billings Marshall membrey
Ff: Gresham paddy long
Foll: hickey acres Steven
Int: dunstan Ross Webster mav

There's my balls on the line
and before anyone goes the classic "3 talls blah blah blah" membrey is playing the high link up role in my ideal world

No one needs to put balls on the line
Its simple

Stop changing the ******* side around
How the hell can kids get some consistency Ffs

Drops sincs
Lol

All about clear instructions mate! Take the Rolls Royce midfielder we just drafted in the top 10.

Thursday night: Congratulations, you are in this week Hunter. We know you struggled a little two weeks ago, but you have been really really good at training (as a mid) all week. Plus you warmed up well when you came with us on the road. We know you haven’t played in a couple of weeks but you are looking improved. Well done son.

Now we will start you on the bench. Just go out there and execute what you have been doing at training. You know what I mean. They are the same reasons we drafted and you and the same things you do at Sandy (winning clearances and using it well on the outside).

First quarter (10 minutes in and three goals down): Hunter, we need you in the backline. We are under all sorts of pressure, and because you can kick well we will instruct all our backman who can’t kick to handball to you when they are under pressure. Don’t worry that we are playing an 8 man backline and an extra around the ball, just receive the handball (under huge pressure), and find a target in our (non-existent midget) forwardline. Try to stay composed and not to get caught holding the ball.

Second quarter (6 goals down and copping repeat entry after repeat entry): Hunter, we really need to increase our forward pressure and keep the ball in our forward line. Can you please play as a defensive forward and run around and around chasing all 3 of your opponents? Also please fit in with the leading patterns, and try and provide a marking option when 1 of our 14 other HBF’s get the ball. Just remember your forward craft, pressure and tackling.

Third quarter: Hunter, you have had a quiet first half and you look like you are struggling. Spend the first 15 minutes on the pine. But I know we also promised you time on the ball for your development. As we are losing badly, you can play on the wing when Armo comes off for a break. Crap we lost that clearance. Hunter, get to the backline. Ross, get back in the middle and continue not winning any clearances.

Final quarter: Hunter, you are not performing your role. I need you to go out there and follow the instructions I have given you.

Next Thursday: H. Clarke (omitted)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He had 12 touches and Smith had 25 and kicked 4 goals....

60% touches were effective, half were uncontested and laid 2 tackles ( probably the tackle bag before the game ) .
Jacky is way way better than that .
We need him up and firing .

Wow. I thought many of us overrated Sinclair last year, but this Acres 'goat' cult aint just a bit of fun. these people are deluded. drinking the kool aid, wearing the rose glasses, speaking in tongues, sacrificing commonsense at the alter of the goat.
This is a guy who has polled a total of one brownlow vote in his career. A guy who has amassed a whopping total of 3 games with a pb 7 out of 10 ranking. A guy yet to ever feature in his own clubs top ten best and fairest. A guy playing his fifth season of footy!

059D52E1-58D5-4785-A87D-6CDCF7B7D372.gif

I guess we could all follow a power-house like GWS only… they've kicked 2.7 heading into 3/4 time. They're more St Kilda than St Kilda.
Hey no ones more StKilda then Stkilda, we couldn't win a intraclub game at the minute

All about clear instructions mate! Take the Rolls Royce midfielder we just drafted in the top 10.

Thursday night: Congratulations, you are in this week Hunter. We know you struggled a little two weeks ago, but you have been really really good at training (as a mid) all week. Plus you warmed up well when you came with us on the road. We know you haven’t played in a couple of weeks but you are looking improved. Well done son.

Now we will start you on the bench. Just go out there and execute what you have been doing at training. You know what I mean. They are the same reasons we drafted and you and the same things you do at Sandy (winning clearances and using it well on the outside).

First quarter (10 minutes in and three goals down): Hunter, we need you in the backline. We are under all sorts of pressure, and because you can kick well we will instruct all our backman who can’t kick to handball to you when they are under pressure. Don’t worry that we are playing an 8 man backline and an extra around the ball, just receive the handball (under huge pressure), and find a target in our (non-existent midget) forwardline. Try to stay composed and not to get caught holding the ball.

Second quarter (6 goals down and copping repeat entry after repeat entry): Hunter, we really need to increase our forward pressure and keep the ball in our forward line. Can you please play as a defensive forward and run around and around chasing all 3 of your opponents? Also please fit in with the leading patterns, and try and provide a marking option when 1 of our 14 other HBF’s get the ball. Just remember your forward craft, pressure and tackling.

Third quarter: Hunter, you have had a quiet first half and you look like you are struggling. Spend the first 15 minutes on the pine. But I know we also promised you time on the ball for your development. As we are losing badly, you can play on the wing when Armo comes off for a break. Crap we lost that clearance. Hunter, get to the backline. Ross, get back in the middle and continue not winning any clearances.

Final quarter: Hunter, you are not performing your role. I need you to go out there and follow the instructions I have given you.

Nek Minnit Clark goes out and does 200 star jumps

Baaaaahahaa. Very good.

Melting over Acres! Melting over Sincs! Melting over Armo! Melting over Billings! Melting over a Little League kid because he likes Billings! (Awesome worm though).

We have 22 Saints players taking the field on Sunday how about we get behind them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back