Review Round 7, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. Sydney

Who were your five best players against Sydney?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

183 contested possessions to 142. 77 inside 50s to 40. We should have belted them.

But it's an excellent sign for the furthering maturity and cohesion of this group that we came out on top when challenged multiple times. 5-2 is an absolutely ripping start to the season and very exciting.

Stef, Rich brilliant. Zorko and McCluggage did some great things. Neale cracked in. Hodge was immense in the backline directing traffic - he's always so calm and we really needed that tonight.

So great to get another hoodoo broken!

Sausages

HIGH PRIEST IN THE TEMPLE OF GG/SNSD
Feb 27, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
FIVE AND TWO!!!

Yes, better kicking for goal would have made the margin bigger - but let's take NOTHING away from the ENDEAVOUR AND THE GRIT to keep working the ball forward.

We will BLOW someone out of the water soon.

And that will be BEAUTIFUL TO WATCH :D

Sausages

HIGH PRIEST IN THE TEMPLE OF GG/SNSD
Feb 27, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
NEVER DOUBTED IT FOR A SECOND!!

NEVER!!

WE were SOOOOOO MUCH BETTER than the Swans.

Fully deserved the victory and anyone arguing to the contrary will get EATEN BY LIONS!! :p

RAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWR!! :D

dmac_55

Club Legend
Jun 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dallas Cowboys
I think it’s a positive we dominated contested ball and inside 50s and only won by a smallish margin..

Keeps the guys centred and focused for next week and not getting ahead of themselves..

Big game next week in Ballarat

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Looking where we're improving. Hipwood is really contesting very hard ,like the way he's throwing his body in . I think Cutler is cementing his spot . Darcy really contested strongly and with a bit of nous in that last quarter . Stef did a lot of good work around the ground . Rich is like recruiting an A Grade gun onto your list . In AA form . Clugga is an A lister.

Really liked McStay's game up the ground a bit . I don't think he's a FF.

Andrews to come back will really help and Bailey needs to come in .

pOleK

Professional Couch Observer
Oct 27, 2014
Tbar
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
FC Barcelona, Atlanta Hawks
One thing I’m liking is we can beat teams to a certain degree when we’re playing atrocious. Just need to bring our best (West Coast 2nd term onwards) and our worst (Collingwood 3rd quarter) closer and closer together. Overall lid is very nearly off with our 5-2 start

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A win is a win is a win. I voted Zorko, Martin, McCluggage, Rich and Robinson.

Honourable mentions to Lyons, Neale, Cutler, Berry, Gardiner, Cameron and McInerney, Hodge, McStay, Walker Witherden and Lester.

With players coming back in, Taylor is set for the chop again. Seven disposals for an outside running wingman isn’t good enough. Simply can’t win contested football.

BrizzyBandit

Premium Platinum
Apr 14, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
- Gardiner was fantastic tonight. Immense down back. Walker and Hodge was also very strong.

- Zorko played his best game of the season. Got my vote.

- Neale was typically very good. So consistent. Seriously shaping up to be a brownlow contender.

- Rich was excellent also. Gee he is playing amazingly down back. Love him. He must be enjoying this success.

Mccluggage was all class tonight. Used the ball so well... found time in tight.... and showed pace and agility on the outside.

@mitchRobinson chin up mate.... your efforts tonight was felt. The example you set every game is amazing. Oh yeah.... you did kick two tonight. Great Q4. We love ya!!!

Looking where we're improving. Hipwood is really contesting very hard ,like the way he's throwing his body in . I think Cutler is cementing his spot . Darcy really contested strongly and with a bit of nous in that last quarter . Stef did a lot of good work around the ground . Rich is like recruiting an A Grade gun onto your list . In AA form . Clugga is an A lister.

Really liked McStay's game up the ground a bit . I don't think he's a FF.

Andrews to come back will really help and Bailey needs to come in .
Great post and very sound observations.

McStay was very impressive today
Let’s not get carried away. He had 3 disposals to half time. He was brave in the second half and showed some skill playing up the field. He was our 15th ranked player on the AFL website and I think that was about right.

Back