Review Round 7, 2019 - Brisbane Lions vs. Sydney

Who were your five best players against Sydney?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Did anyone else watch Eric during the warm ups before the game? His kicking for goal was unbelievable. Hardly missed and was timing them sweetly. Big improvement from last season.
My son and I commented on that as well.

On the subject of set shots, what has happened to Charlie? He has got the yips big time, some were calling him our best set shot only a few short weeks ago.

My son and I commented on that as well.

On the subject of set shots, what has happened to Charlie? He has got the yips big time, some were calling him our best set shot only a few short weeks ago.

Fagan basically called upon Charlie in the presser to fix it. I'm not too worried about him tbh. He is way too good for this lul to last long. He still played bloody well the last two games despite his misses.

My favourite bit from the game last night was Huddo calling out Roos bleating on for 10 mins about the free kick to Robbo in the first. Huddo: “So you’re allowed to hip and shoulder someone in a marking contest then?” Roos lost it and gave him the “did you even play footy?” lol! I didn't think Roos could do anything worse than his game style as a coach but his commentary is there now.

My favourite bit from the game last night was Huddo calling out Roos bleating on for 10 mins about the free kick to Robbo in the first. Huddo: “So you’re allowed to hip and shoulder someone in a marking contest then?” Roos lost it and gave him the “did you even play footy?” lol! I didn't think Roos could do anything worse than his game style as a coach but his commentary is there now.

Haha, Roos got so defensive quickly. Was surprised at that, as Huddo is an excellent caller and just speaks of downright ego from Roos himself.

Didn't know you had to play football to be a commentator. Having said that, Roos has done both and is terrible regardless.

Haha, Roos got so defensive quickly. Was surprised at that, as Huddo is an excellent caller and just speaks of downright ego from Roos himself.

Didn't know you had to play football to be a commentator. Having said that, Roos has done both and is terrible regardless.
Roosey just sounds like a total whinger all the time.

And he seems to love picking on us.

A shame really because as a player he was a complete champion

What the commentators fail to grasp is that we can all see the game , what they need to be doing is making incisive comments that add to our understanding , not just going on and on about trivialities . Don't like the way he treats Robbo as some sort of joke .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's night and day with Roos and Hudson - Hudson is the least biased of the bigger name commentators I can think of, while Roos...

Roos hates us. We know he is a Swans supporter but he didn't even try to hide his displeasure with the umps. We got the rub of the green, no doubt, but I reckon a total of 20 minutes was spent with him sooking about calls or questioning umpiring. He did it in the Port game too. You will NEVER hear him giving us any support to us in that area, officially has become my most hated comments person. Dont put him on Swans games if he can't disguise his passion.

He really made a dick of himself going after Huddo with “have you ever played the game”? It was a proper tantrum.

Had a couple of Yanks sitting directly behind us for the 2nd half last night, they certainly lived up to the stereotypical Yank profile, bombastic, self obsessed and so bloody loud, it was f....ng annoying in the extreme.

I could have put up with it if they were half a dozen rows away but right behind your ear... gee give me a break.

I think there must have been a tour group of international tourists who got tickets to the game. I had an American couple next to me and a German couple a few seats away. They all had a blast from what I saw.

The American couple really got into it, booing along with all of us (which was extra cute because they didn’t really understand why) and then they had a little dance and clap to the Lions song after the game. It’s cool watching people experience it for the first time, especially internationals.

Last edited:
Hate it when they pull that one out, as if not allowed opinion if haven’t played footy at the highest level.

When is Roosy going to finally deliver on his plans to move to America with his wife, or was that a repetitive tactic to bleed more money out of the Swans and Dees at contract time?

He’s jaded and boring. At least he didn’t have Lynchy next to him last night. They enable each other’s annoying habits. Lynchy comes across as Chester to Roosy’s Spike. Always desperate to please him.

909D2260-3B9F-4AA2-9909-9A0C1E3FF92F.jpeg

“What did you think of that Roosy? I agree Roosy, bad free kick! That was a real bad decision wasn’t it Roosy!”

I think there must have been a tour group of international tourists who got tickets to the game. I had an American couple next to me and a German couple a few seats away. They all had a blast from what I saw.

The American couple really got into it, booing along with all of us (which was extra cute because they didn’t really understand whyJ and then they had a little dance to the Lions song after the game. It’s cool watching people experience it for the first time, especially internationals.
Not this couple, they weren't interested in the game at all, they were too busy letting everyone around within earshot (which would have been a good distance in every direction) about every detail of their mundane existence.

They should have just went to the pub.

Not this couple, they weren't interested in the game at all, they were too busy letting everyone around within earshot (which would have been a good distance in every direction) about every detail of their mundane existence.

They should have just went to the pub.
I had a couple behind me at the Collingwood game (a young bandwagoner couple) after the game was lost and I was already pissed off about the state of the game I had to sit there and listen to them bickering about their relationship dramas and jealousy bullshit.
I was so tempted to turn around and tell them to shut the **** up. They were pissed and were not quiet with what they were saying and didn’t seem to care that there were 50 people in close proximity who would have heard every word of what they were saying.
I really didn’t need that on top of the fact that we were getting smashed in the game.😡🤬

Browny had to come in and play peacekeeper.

Jonathan Brown as peacekeeper. What a world we live in.

Still scared of Paul Roos. Reminds me of an "uncle" when I was younger (family friend we lost contact with) who was extremely strict with his two sons and had a face like thunder when he was annoyed.

He really made a dick of himself going after Huddo with “have you ever played the game”? It was a proper tantrum.

He's always had a huge ego, which helped his football but makes him look like a dick while commentating.

Back