Preview Round 7, 2019: Melbourne v Hawthorn, 4 May 2019, 1.45pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still trying to make out why the hell Goodwin is making it easier on us by potentially dropping Weidman, we clearly have issues with manning key forwards at the moment, they can often get a handle on us, by not playing Weidman its a massive help to us.

Surely they wouldn't be tanking?

A club such as Melbourne would never do such a thing 🙄

Has anyone else ever read a thread from the most recent post back? Its mental.
I watched the movie Jaws backwards, it was a show about a shark that vomited up so many people they had to open a beach.

Then I watched Godzilla backwards, it's a movie about a giant lizard who builds a city from rubble then moonwalks into the ocean.

Same as last week, reckon we should have this. The ability to win dirty is the making of great teams. We might be young and a bit banged up, but I reckon winning these kind of games (which we will) will lay the foundation for another period of extended time at the top of the ladder that stems from amazing player self belief.

Let’s just hope we do it without any injuries to either side.

Bringing in another small forward when we've already got three is weird.

Is it to:
a. Unleash one of them
b. Because one is a late change
c. Because you can never have enough?

I'm picking a at this stage,

We know Breust and Poppy spend most of there time fwd. Moore so far we have only seen used fwd.
That leaves the Chad:)🤞

B maybe scrimshaw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally I wish we’d stop ******* around so much with our lineup
Just me though

3 wins including 2 where we did nothing for at least the 1st quarter. Lost a game where we couldnt buy a goal.

Of course he tinkers.

Carlton 3 and 3 they would be happy.

But who here is happy with 3 and 3 ??

We have best 22 who are out injured. The next 6 or 8 have a chance to prove themselves.

Match them on the inside at the contest and we win. Simple.

Their mids are one-way runners, they don't have the backline to control out forwards (OMac and Frost, please) and not enough dangerous forwards to make our backs look shaky enough. Sicily will dominate.

The only thing that will stop us is if we don't show up mentally (see 1st half vs Carlton) or we got injuries in game.

You seem to find a reason to be incredibly disappointed by some minor event every week.

We will see how minor it is if we fail to chop out forward entries, Scrims intercept marking is top class. Thanks for pointing that out, I'll be sure to ignore it moving forward

Clarko doesn't drop players after a single game unless they come in as emergency. Reckon Lewis stays in for that.
You keep posting that even though it's not true.

I guess we don't have much else but I'm surprised Brand kept his spot.
He was better when the rest of the team was better. His first quarter stood out because he gave away a few goals but the entire ream was playing poorly.

That said we really don't have anyone else with Frawley and Mohr injured

Clarko doesn't drop players after a single game unless they come in as emergency. Reckon Lewis stays in for that.

Think he's played 2 now but deserves to keep his spot regardless.... unless weather really conspires against him.

We will see how minor it is if we fail to chop out forward entries, Scrims intercept marking is top class. Thanks for pointing that out, I'll be sure to ignore it moving forward
No doubt he is important but we have bigger games coming up in which we are going to need him at his best. It’s a risk but let’s hope we are good enough this week without him.

I know we live in Melbourne but when was the last time we watched a wet weather match for 4 quarters at the mcg.

Brand,Lewis,Tob should all keep there spots for 3- 5 game regardless judge them over that period.

I think Timmy will surprise a few, he did a few smart things down back last wk under the pump I was pleasently surprised

You keep posting that even though it's not true.

It's not true because you found a few exceptions from a while back? This thing that happens 99% of the time isn't typically true because of an outlier.

I'm not going to get into the habit of adding multiple provisos to every comment I make.

"Clarko doesn't typically drop players after a single game unless they meet one or more of the following qualifiers:
1. Debut in the final round of the season
2. Brought in to cover an emergency
3. Get injured
4. In the single case from the last 3 years, Kurt Heatherly, Rd 9 2017 where there wasn't much of an explanation"

I mean, a lot of the time he tries to keep them in for multiple games even if they are covering an emergency.

I watched the movie Jaws backwards, it was a show about a shark that vomited up so many people they had to open a beach.

Then I watched Godzilla backwards, it's a movie about a giant lizard who builds a city from rubble then moonwalks into the ocean.

I watched the 2008 grand final backwards.
Bitterly disappointing.

We started with a 26 point lead but finished with a nil all draw.
But brilliant performance from Hodge - he won the Norm Smith but didn't get a possession.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back