Preview Round 7, 2019: Melbourne v Hawthorn, 4 May 2019, 1.45pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really don't know what to expect, but if the all over the shop Melbourne of 2019 show up, we really should get the chocolates, more because they've been awful than us being good.

If melbourne can continue blindly kicking to into forward 50 we'll be in for a good day. If they actually kick to players on a lead... watch out. Probably the safest bet in the universe that we get absolutely smashed around the contest all day. Feel a bit sorry for O'Meara going against Viney/Brayshaw/Oliver/Harmes alone but hope he pulls something special out again.

The only change I'm seeing is Burgoyne in for Cousins who if not suspended should be rested with that ankle.

The way both sides are playing at the moment I'm confident while not cocky of getting a win.

Feel a bit sorry for O'Meara going against Viney/Brayshaw/Oliver/Harmes alone but hope he pulls something special out again.
Mitchell did it last year and we toweled them.

If melbourne can continue blindly kicking to into forward 50 we'll be in for a good day. If they actually kick to players on a lead... watch out. Probably the safest bet in the universe that we get absolutely smashed around the contest all day. Feel a bit sorry for O'Meara going against Viney/Brayshaw/Oliver/Harmes alone but hope he pulls something special out again.
Would back in O’Meara, Burgoyne, Shiels and Worpel against those 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Second of 2 6-day breaks. We haven’t got much run at the best of times and 3 games in 12 is not one of those.
Should be considering blokes who can run like Moore and Nash. Burgs will be fresh. Cegs a chance fresh if BB is sore.
Poppy almost due a spell. Cousins would be out whether he gets a week or not.

When it didn’t count though... Omera plays the semi we beat them
That game was infuriating because we had them on toast, but the loss of JOM, Stratton and the injury to Tom just couldn't have come at a worse time.

Viney won’t play

I don’t think Cousins will be omitted as he didn’t play too badly, but more likely to be managed.

He is having a solid season though. I don’t think anybody would’ve predicted him to play every game so far and kick 5 goals as well.

What i like about Cousins is he puts himself in the right spots to win the footy and knows how to kick goals. He’s also improved on his kicking compared to last year. When Mitchell comes back Cousins could be an effective midfield option off the bench.

I think Brand keeps his spot this week. He made a few mistakes early but worked himself back into the game and was okay after half time. Also I feel like he plays better at the MCG where he can make use of the space to run and distribute and go for contested marks (no figures to back this up just a gut feel).

Melbourne are so ******. I’m in a corporate box for this one. I’ll be drinking fine wines laughing my ass off at how ****** the Dees are

PS: Not normally in a box. Don’t judge me

Stick to the alcohol and food in packets like crisps and you’ll be OK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back