Preview Round 7, 2019: Melbourne v Hawthorn, 4 May 2019, 1.45pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Windy and wet on saturday.

Smalls required.

Goody has the Dees whipped up after a big one on one session on Wednesday.

Absorb the heat early and then we go Bang and hit them right between the eyes like they did to us in the Final.

Clinical and Ruthless!!!!

Bring it Hawthorn.

Last edited:
He's been listed as an emergency so could always come back in.

On the other hand he manages 4 games at gold coast across 2 seasons and has already played 6 for us, maybe they want to make sure they don't burn him out.
Who knows what his fitness was like when he got to us. Steven May has only managed one game for the Dee's and it took us a year to get Jaeger up and running after he came from there

Club might be trying to find ways to be in better shape when finals come around

Are we too tall? It's going to be wet yet we have Sic, O'Brien, Brand and Lewis in the side. You'd think one would be dropped for Morrison. No better time to rest Scrim as we have GWS and the Tiges in the next 2 weeks. We killed them in the wet last year so lets do it again! Hawks by 46

Tom McDonald may play forward along with Smith for them so we need 2 tall defenders plus a mid sizer to play on Petracca.

Surprised to see Scrimshaw out. He was one of our best last week for mine. Was one of the few who stood up in the first half.

Hopefully it is actually a management issue and not him being dropped because there are plenty who played worse than Jack on Sunday.

Think the Dees will be tough to beat this week and we have to be much better than we were against Carlton. Melb have been getting criticised heavily all week and have too much talent to be as bad as they have been so if we are off like our game like last Sunday’s first half we will get done.

Pleased to see Moore getting another crack.

Are we too tall? It's going to be wet yet we have Sic, O'Brien, Brand and Lewis in the side. You'd think one would be dropped for Morrison. No better time to rest Scrim as we have GWS and the Tiges in the next 2 weeks. We killed them in the wet last year so lets do it again! Hawks by 46

Not sure Morrison is the in if we are going to pull a tall. Wet and windy, bring in the Irishman Glass !!!

Very nervous about this, with the Dees needing to turn things around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure Morrison is the in if we are going to pull a tall. Wet and windy, bring in the Irishman Glass !!!

Very nervous about this, with the Dees needing to turn things around.
Emergencies are Morrison, Nash, Ceglar and Scrimshaw

Moore is a surprise he was horrid at best being nice tbh, in his first game, and nowhere near any good if compared to Morrison or Glass at BH last week. Hopefully he does well. I only hope for that.

Big call from Clarko. He's made a few shockers this year before calling ppl out at half time when we are going poorly he still had that up his sleeve... atm.

I agree. I didn't notice Moore much last Saturday. He must have pleased the coaches though.

Dylan Moore (17 disposals, 3 goals, 6 marks)
“Dylan was our most dangerous forward for us on the day. One of the features of his game was his marking, where we sent him deep in attack and was able to out mark his opponent. For a player to be able to do that as a small and get up the ground and win the ball is great. He was another player who had a good defensive output as well, so another really solid all-round game from him.”

The Melbourne side this week doesn't look that good to me. I might be missing something but I feel we should win quite comfortably. I know it was his first game this year (might be wrong there) but J Lewis looked cooked last week, he never was quick but seems to have slowed even more, could be a liability this week, play through his man.

The Melbourne side this week doesn't look that good to me. I might be missing something but I feel we should win quite comfortably. I know it was his first game this year (might be wrong there) but J Lewis looked cooked last week, he never was quick but seems to have slowed even more, could be a liability this week, play through his man.
He'll be serviceable this week if it rains

O'Brien has been named at centre half forward just to torment the Melbourne defense.
Players don't always play in the position they're named. However, due to Melbourne's small forward line, expect one of sic or TOB to push forward when Gunner is moved up onto the wing or a tall is on the bench.

Scrimshaw might of done something before or just after half time, kept us in the game in the first half then was hardly sighted after halftime. Little niggle rest him and have him back firing where he left off.

Why would you drop scrimshaw and then put him as a emergency if he injured. Wouldn't be surprised if he a late in for brand.

I actually hate when clarko throws the names around on the team sheet. The 20k fine should also apply to the team interchange players.
O'Brien and Sicily will play back.
Yep scrimshaw late in for KB for the next 5 weeks while he recovers from the shoulder (bupa conspiracy)... just jokes , calm down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back