Review Round 7, 2019: Richmond Tigers v Box Hill Hawks, 19 May 2019, 11.40am @ Punt Road Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

I know we're pretty full of HFC listed players and I don't know if some of the the Box Hill listed players have some rotating selection policy, but I find it odd that guys like Lachie Walker and Nathan Boucher are overlooked for guys like Mason De Wit and Connor Byrne.

Byrne was a bit better this week but Boucher kicked 5 goals in 2 games and hasn't been seen since.
Yep agree. Puzzling.

Easy Slips Catch

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 10, 2006
Fringe
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
Mascitti has AFL level skills, just reckon his leg speed is suspect. For an outside type that is a killer.

We do lack speed. Miles does bring zip and creativity, the rest not so much. CJ is fine tracking the footy but needs composure. Greaves is always solid in the contest but has got to add more attack to his game. Jones finds it in close but needs to start to run with the ball and draw opponents.

The game was ours to lose. Easily a three-goal breeze yet we held them to two in the first. Even in the last, it was fitness that cost us. Some of that can be put on the fill-in guys and our game plan requires AFL fitness.

VFL is Howe's standard. Just does not have enough tricks. Slow and disposal is marginal.

PGE8dz1.png

54aMsRW.png

Mascitti has AFL level skills, just reckon his leg speed is suspect. For an outside type that is a killer.
Agree but he just plays like a Hawthorn type with his kicking I could see us looking at him.

What about that Greuer for Richmond. Redhead. Seemed to really have a spark. Was going to go back and have a look at him again wasn't sure on skills but speed strength and intensity looked up To it. Surely we can find a gem in the mid season draft.

Easy Slips Catch

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 10, 2006
Fringe
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
Thanks for that table Grimlock. Interesting stuff. Tigs bottom five hardly contributed. I still reckon tigs gameplan relies on one or two stars and they star.

Grewar did look handy. Wished we had more quicks in the squad. Even BHH, some good footballers but they aint quick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back