Preview Round 7, 2020: Adelaide v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Monday 20th July, 7:40PM AEST *BYRNES DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Crows

Votes: 41 53.9%
  • Saints

Votes: 35 46.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's easy to say, but who's to also say with our development Petracca wasn't delisted at the end of last year and picked up as a rookie elsewhere?
Drafting players as we know is never perfect
At least we have picked up some players for basically nothing that could end up 200 game players
Marshall - 2016 pick 10 in rookie draft
Wilkie - 2018 pick 3 in rookie draft

Don't want to put the pressure on young Kurns but geez I hope he's good enough to demand a spot.
If he and Bytel come on and can impact suddenly we're in a much better position.

There is no pressure the Rhino Ronnie can't take. 40 possessions and 8 goals on debut and make the Crouches wish they were still discussing sleeping with their teammates wives and their early childhood trauma events in the bush.

End of the day we are 3-3, easily could be 5-1.

Quite obviously something is working with the team that we could and even should be 5-1 so its worth persisting with. To bring in the likes of Sinclair, Savage, etc at the expense of Kent, Lonie, etc when we know we do have a potential exciting and winning formula we're better off sticking it out for the next month or so. The bigger plus for me is knowing we can get 5-6 goals ahead, the next part is working out how to maintain or even extend that lead.

Over the previous 8 years we were never getting ahead by that much which was the real worry, at least now we have something to work with.

Some of you are just too emotional, thankfully I have plenty of trust in Ratten.
Quite frankly, "Could be, should be 5-1" is just BS at this stage… we've blown two games to injury riddled, bottom 4 sides.

A lot riding on this week, if we lose to clearly the worst side in the comp so far this year then we'll see who has been too emotional. I don't think we'll be sticking it out for the next month or so with the same 22 if we can't get past another bottom 4 side this week.

Our season is in dissaray if we see another effort like last week.

Come on man. Ross isn't even covering him bloody self at the moment.
Stop with the apologist vibe, it doesn't suit..

He was actually pretty good against the Blues but last week was unforgivable for a leader. He's got another week to prove himself.

Quite frankly, "Could be, should be 5-1" is just BS at this stage… we've blown two games to injury riddled, bottom 4 sides.

A lot riding on this week, if we lose to clearly the worst side in the comp so far this year then we'll see who has been too emotional. I don't think we'll be sticking it out for the next month or so with the same 22 if we can't get past another bottom 4 side this week.

Our season is in dissaray if we see another effort like last week.

Playing Adelaide home is different to playing them where their camp was. They would have spent 4 weeks in the foetal position. If they don't come in with their heads right they'll lose it.

Couldn’t be less relevant to the thread.
Also, fu** Petracca.

We miss Stuv's ability to break through clearances and give us some drive, Zac Jones isn't too bad at it but he's not as good as Stuv at his peak.

We need to push Clark and Coffield up into the midfield, they are getting stronger and will break games open for us around the ball.

We have enough half backs to cover for them, Long, Geary, Savage and Webster.

He was actually pretty good against the Blues but last week was unforgivable for a leader. He's got another week to prove himself.
This was the week to drop him.
Pissweak by the club.
With Port next week he's virtually guaranteed another week now, no matter how crap he is.
I really like Ratts, but we've got to stop this cuddles and honest reviews tactics and introduce consequence to rubbish performance.
The example it sets is appalling and it needs to be removed from the field.

This was the week to drop him.
Pissweak by the club.
With Port next week he's virtually guaranteed another week now, no matter how crap he is.
I really like Ratts, but we've got to stop this cuddles and honest reviews tactics and introduce consequence to rubbish performance.
The example it sets is appalling and it needs to be removed from the field.
I can honestly say people thinking like you have never had real involvement in a club. It was exactly the time to stick with him. One more week might be the time not to.

Come on man. Ross isn't even covering him bloody self at the moment.
Stop with the apologist vibe, it doesn't suit..
Not saying Ross's performance last week or some of the other games was acceptable and wouldn't mind seeing him dropped, but could understand that mentality from the selectors. As compared to Lonie, can't see it especially when they say one of the issues was keeping it inside our fwd line. Not his fault, but Lonie struggles to effect a marking contest or stick effective tackles and is pretty slow, so if he isn't hitting the scoreboard he becomes a liability in my view. (In saying that he will definitely kick a bag this weekend now that I said that) I'm generally a major critic of Kent, but think he has been good this year overall.

Not saying Ross's performance last week or some of the other games was acceptable and wouldn't mind seeing him dropped, but could understand that mentality from the selectors. As compared to Lonie, can't see it especially when they say one of the issues was keeping it inside our fwd line. Not his fault, but Lonie struggles to effect a marking contest or stick effective tackles and is pretty slow, so if he isn't hitting the scoreboard he becomes a liability in my view. (In saying that he will definitely kick a bag this weekend now that I said that) I'm generally a major critic of Kent, but think he has been good this year overall.
Kent got dropped. I’m confused

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We miss Stuv's ability to break through clearances and give us some drive, Zac Jones isn't too bad at it but he's not as good as Stuv at his peak.

We need to push Clark and Coffield up into the midfield, they are getting stronger and will break games open for us around the ball.

We have enough half backs to cover for them, Long, Geary, Savage and Webster.
If we put Sav and Gears back again, we'll have a sh1t backline again and a bunch of noobs in the midfield. Disaster.
That group is the shining light so far too. No way should we mess with it.

Only thing we can do is pump games into kids and try to remedy this mental issue that continues to persist.

The team has shown they can play when switched on.
It's just the switch is dicky..

Yeah. I mean, there’s not much point making wholesale changes only for them to go out 5 days later due to general soreness.
Well let's hope the battlers
Super needs to show us some A grade action on Monday as his honeymoon period will come to an end shortly
Super is looking like a gr8 nick for hill.
His gutless effort in the last qtr hopefully stings.

Lonie isn't a 27yo vice captian. He's on a low wage, short contract and cops it when out of form.
Ross has been substandard for ages. Senior player, high salary consistently screws up at crucial moments and is soft a butter.

Lonie isn't a 27yo vice captian. He's on a low wage, short contract and cops it when out of form.
Ross has been substandard for ages. Senior player, high salary consistently screws up at crucial moments and is soft a butter.
My point had nothing to do with wages, just the fact that he is a senior player in the midfield and bringing in a first gamer mid could understand the selectors having that in their calculations with not dropping Ross - we also lack experience across the ground. Personally based off his performance overall this year and particularly against Freo you could drop him for sure and could even be very beneficial for him. Ross did play very good consistent football for us for years, but isn't right now and maybe he needs a wake-up call. Like I said, I think Lonie can become a bit of a liability if he isn't kicking goals, which is why I think the selectors could have given someone else a shot in the fwd pocket, or just played an extra mid rotating forward and I don't really see any reason why they didn't whereas with Ross, I can see some reason

Right, after a shower and a sleep in, I've had time to look at the team. You would think that they'll keep the team as is for the next two games...I can't see them dumping Ross, unless Hanners comes back within that time. We need onfield leadership, and until a bloke like Hanneberry comes back, we are left with Ross...which is a bit sad really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back