Preview Round 7, 2020: Adelaide v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Monday 20th July, 7:40PM AEST *BYRNES DEBUT*

Who Wins?

• Crows

Votes: 41 53.9%
  • Saints

Votes: 35 46.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Of course they can argue the gradings otherwise there wouldn't be a tribunal - there would be just Michael Christian with his black cap.
They were at the tribunal because of the gradings. They obviously thought all 3 were correct so they didn’t or couldn’t argue. Love to know which one you would argue. No way was there one.

Saint Christopher

Team Captain
Sep 12, 2012
sydney
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Kookaburras, Nola, Liverpool.
When we screwed up against the Pies, Ratts didn't swing the Axe, now we've screwed up against Freo, he will? If we gut the team too much, do we have more of a chance to lose against the Crows?

I doubt he will swing the axe.
I will happily eat my words and apologise to the entire board for my lack of faith and foresight if none of this occurs but I expect the following:
No debuts.
Adel will defend deep and hope to run it out via the wings. Simple game plan but it will work.
O'Reilly will beat Marshall again.
We will start off sluggishly as we had to travel. (this time by plane).
Adel will kick five goals in the third led by the Crouch brothers.
We will mount a feeble two goal comeback in the last.

I hope I am apologising post-game but after the season ending debacle v Frem, I won't care probably.

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yeah we've hung him out to dry a bit here.
No we haven't. Penalties are handed out based on outcome.

It was careless, it was high contact and we accepted it as severe impact due to the concussion and neck pain sustained by Darcy.

We argued it was on the lower end of the careless scale and that it was on the lower end of severe which is why he got the least amount of weeks possible for an incident ticking all those boxes.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
I doubt he will swing the axe.
I will happily eat my words and apologise to the entire board for my lack of faith and foresight if none of this occurs but I expect the following:
No debuts.
Adel will defend deep and hope to run it out via the wings. Simple game plan but it will work.
O'Reilly will beat Marshall again.
We will start off sluggishly as we had to travel. (this time by plane).
Adel will kick five goals in the third led by the Crouch brothers.
We will mount a feeble two goal comeback in the last.

I hope I am apologising post-game but after the season ending debacle v Frem, I won't care probably.
O’Brien didn’t beat Marshall last time. Marshall won that game. When was the other time?

May 10, 2013
Queensland
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm, Baghdadian Babes
Carlisle forward was a pretty good indication of struggling to come up with a change of tack.

Great bit of initiative by Ratts there, thought it was going to be a game changing move. 😂

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
So you agree with Cooper that his coaching on Saturday was deplorable?
he got his colours lowered by Longmuir in that game yep ....
two coaches had a team that at one stage of the game being totally outplayed ... one coach managed to get his team to stem that and fight their way back .. the other didnt ..

Ratts is the coach its on him to get the players up and about he didnt ... much like when Ratts coached Carlton when they were good they looked really really good but two way running wasnt their big thing ... its only a very very small sample size yes but Ratts hasnt done anything yet to convince me he is the guru/messiah that after a few wins everyone thinks he is

May 17, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
two coaches had a team that at one stage of the game being totally outplayed ... one coach managed to get his team to stem that and fight their way back .. the other didnt ..

Ratts is the coach its on him to get the players up and about he didnt ... much like when Ratts coached Carlton when they were good they looked really really good but two way running wasnt their big thing ... its only a very very small sample size yes but Ratts hasnt done anything yet to convince me he is the guru/messiah that after a few wins everyone thinks he is
Clarko might be free soon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deplorable is a strong word.
I don't believe that Ratten is a messiah but IMO when a team has all the momentum and a sizeable lead and it swings completely in the opposite direction then the players need to bear most of the responsibility.

Sep 20, 2009
NSW
AFL Club
St Kilda
I remember Clarkson saying once that making a move during a game that completely changed the momentum of the game was not a common occurence. It is largely up to the players to change the momentum. We gave up a large lead and IMO the players need to bear most of the responsibility.

I saw Hill continue to run to where he was probably expected to be to match the gameplan. I wish Ratten had told him to run free and get the ball at any cost. A guy with his skill know how to use the ball, but for some reason he barely made an effort to get near the ball.

He's at least playing a proper afl set up with structure. I'm not convinced either way yet but I'm happy give him some time.

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Clarko might be free soon
i think we put far tooo much hope that a coach will do it for us ... the fact is the 22 guys on the field need to be up for the challange if not you can have Yabbie Mathews Clarko lyon Ratten or Richo in the box and it wont make a fiddle of differance ...
what i hope is that the team take a hard look at themselves and have a think about the "non negotiables" of pulling on that red white and black jumper ... i want our team to play with a little bit of pride ... because that effort was worse than anything Richo coached us .. at least with richo we could say he didnt have the cattle to compeate ... we had the cattle .. we were up 6 goals ! they were down 2 players and Fyfe was eased into the game clearly playing hampered .. we had a 9 day break to freshen up .. and were on a neutral ground (in fact one of the only grounds we have managed to win at over the last few years away from home)...

st_trav_ofWA

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Deplorable is a strong word.
I don't believe that Ratten is a messiah but IMO when a team has all the momentum and a sizeable lead and it swings completely in the opposite direction then the players need to bear most of the responsibility.
late in the game yeah i agree its on the players .. but Ratts had half time to build them back up .. he had three qtr time to get them fired up ... it was the players in the last 6 mins who decided that "wait we might lose this" so put in the effort but it was too little too late
thats on the coach in my opinion

Just to lighten the mood and nothing to do with this topic...

The last time Carlton was in the 8 at this stage of the season, Eddie Betts was still playing for them 😳🤣

I saw Hill continue to run to where he was probably expected to be to match the gameplay. I wish Ratten had told him to run free and get the ball at any cost. A guy with his skill know how to use the ball, but for some reason he barely made an effort to get near the ball.
The problem for us mugs at home is we don't know what the players have been asked to do by the coach. Is Hill out of form? Is he executing the game plan poorly? He seems to be covering a lot of territory without much reward.

Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda, Ocean Grove Collendina Cobras
No we haven't. Penalties are handed out based on outcome.

It was careless, it was high contact and we accepted it as severe impact due to the concussion and neck pain sustained by Darcy.

We argued it was on the lower end of the careless scale and that it was on the lower end of severe which is why he got the least amount of weeks possible for an incident ticking all those boxes.
Not true - penalties are handed out based on a range of factors all of which are challengeable if the matter goes to tribunal.

We plea bargained an outcome on the basis that if you don't argue and you won't give you a longer sentence. That's not justice - that's blackmail.

Unsurprising that it happened with Long and not Shiel or Rowan.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Not true - penalties are handed out based on a range of factors all of which are challengeable if the matter goes to tribunal.

We plea bargained an outcome on the basis that if you don't argue and you won't give you a longer sentence. That's not justice - that's blackmail.

Unsurprising that it happened with Long and not Shiel or Rowan.
You still haven’t said which grade we should have argued. Expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back