Review Round 7, 2020 - GWS vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against GWS?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Harris Andrews. What a first half he played. Stopping everything and key to us winning that half.
Zac Bailey. Probably his best game so far and a glimpse into his future.
Jarryd Lyons. Again, just really important player doing his work in the coalface.
Grant Birchall. I was critical last week but he was good today and I really like him kicking inside 50s.
Cam Rayner. Again, really good game, you love to see, working hard, taking his chances. He's really coming into himself now.

Honourables: Zorko, Gardiner, McStay.

A solid victory - STILL need a blow 'em-outta-the-water win, but that's yet to come. Very satisfied, we were challenged at times and responded.

MIGHTY LIONS MARCH ONWARDS!!!!! :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Defence continues to look a bit suspect when Andrews isn't involved. Midfield has lost a bit of form. Good to see Robbo in a couple of centre bounces to shake things up.

When we're hot, we're flaming. Some bad stretches in that game, but more than made up for by great play through the midfield. Gave the votes to Bailey, Lyons, Rayner, Andrews and Neale. Bailey's best game of his career, he's showing a wonderful competitive spirit.

Also screw you Ch 7 for cutting off the song for Better Homes and Gardens.

Fab 5- Rich, Andrews, Rayner, Bailey, Zorko. Honourable mentions McStay, Birchall, Lyons.

1- Great win away from home against a flag fancy.
2- Rayner loves the big moments, will be a low possession high impact per possession player. GUN in the making.
3- Lachie lifted in the last quarter when needed.
4- McStay was by and large very good.
5- Rich in AA form.

There will be no changes next week except for injury.

We won, can you stop being a Debbie Downer for five minutes and enjoy it?

I'm not being a downer. I'm happy about the win. But they're flaws in our system and it isn't a crime to point it out. I mean, half of the posters in here has constantly been arguing why ah Chee is in the squad, so this isn't a thought that is exclusively mine

What I loved about today.

Zorks back in form and really was the spark.

Andrews is a rock.

Just love it every time Birchall has the ball in his hands.

Rayner did some exceptional things today.

McStay presented around the field . Tick.

Tommy Berry can make something out of nothing.

Stef will run himself into form

In fact there wasn't one player who didn't contribute.

How long does Fagan persist with Hipwood and Ah Chee. Both players shouldn't be in the team right now and Hipwood really needs to work on his kicking as well.

CarefreePertinentAxolotl-size_restricted.gif

Come on, man. We just had a good win. Ah Chee was great for most of the first quarter then made a horrible blue and went back into his shell. Hippy had a mare but came alive in the second half. Ultimately it had no impact because the team is made up of even contributors that can cover even when one cog is spinning as strongly.

Back