Preview Round 7, 2020: Hawthorn v Melbourne, 19 July 2020, 3.35pm @ Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two games at Giants Stadium for two losses. Will the Hawks make it three losses from three games, or will the Hawks bounce back and defeat the Demons?

Changes and predictions in here.

Two teams with mindless game plans
Both teams are totally uninspired
ones already tanking the other ?
This will be a Hoot

I don't know if Clarko can make such wholesale changes to the side (7 in 2 weeks) and might want to give Impey another week but I'd imagine something like

OUT: Patton, Scully?, Morris/Puopolo?
IN: Jones, Burgoyne, Impey?

Hard to know really. Patton for Burgoyne is probably the only given change.

Hope we see a more inspiring style of game but seems like we simply cannot play at this ground. Hopefully leaving this piece of s**t stadium and getting more used to hub life will see an uptick in form because at the moment the quality of our games is appalling. Makes for hard watching

I think Ceglar hurts us too much, especially early in the game. With Gawn next week, I think McEvoy has to ruck.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Brooksby come in and play deep forward and pinch hit. Will definitely need a big body to replace Patton, and Brooksby looked good in some of the scratch match footage

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Puopolo, Ceglar, Henderson, Stratton, Scully should not be playing. They will probably all get games again and Morris will go out. A joke if Morris gets dropped. Imagine being a forward in this team with this game plan. I wouldn’t even bring Burgoyne back. The way this year is going that achieves nothing. Play the young guys. I don’t care if they are not ready. I would rather watch young guys having a crack, than these more experienced players not giving a crap. Would love our midfield to put their head over the ball aswell. Never seen a softer Hawks midfield.

We are playing one wingman too many which is costing us around the contest. Need a deep, physically strong midfield in shortened games. Replace with an extra mid.
As bad as Ceglar has been, it is compounded by the McEvoy move changing the dynamic of our backline.
Mcevoy 75% ruck And sit ceglar in the goal square.
Obrien to CHB. Pace, leap, reach and decent skills (barring poor decisions). Also means he doesn’t actually need to mark, just punch the ball.

Out: Scully/Henderson, Patton
In: Jones, Lewis (unlikely)

Going off last night what I'd like to see:

In: Finn, Jones, Burgoyne, CJ/Impey

Out: Henderson, Poppy, Patton, Scully

Stick BB back into his original role of Ruck/Fwd with Cegs chopping him out when needed.

Our midfield needs a massive boost somehow, and some better service through the midfield would be nice.

We seemed like we'd set up to try and read Grundy's taps last night and it cost us, hopefully we can rectify that this week.

We will probably win and all the cracks that have been growing will be like a ‘paper mache‘ covering.

Winning this won‘t change the major problems we are facing as a club.

Dees by 2 points

Puopolo, Ceglar, Henderson, Stratton, Scully should not be playing. They will probably all get games again and Morris will go out. A joke if Morris gets dropped. Imagine being a forward in this team with this game plan. I wouldn’t even bring Burgoyne back. The way this year is going that achieves nothing. Play the young guys. I don’t care if they are not ready. I would rather watch young guys having a crack, than these more experienced players not giving a crap. Would love our midfield to put their head over the ball aswell. Never seen a softer Hawks midfield.
Morris was as good as the other small forwards in wingard, Scully and puopolo. By that i mean he struggled to have any impact but unlike the others was clearly giving everything and will only get better. Others have no excuse for not doing more.

Scully is not a forward, he needs to play all day wing or not at all. Him or Henderson 1 gets a game play whichever is in form or neither if finn or Moore are doing well.

I think we will see Minchinton and Burgoyne come in for Morris and Puopolo.

No idea who comes in for Patton. I'd like to see Ceglar and McEvoy share that FF role, and see Gunston play deeper, but who knows.

Impey will need another run in the scratch matches. CJ would be a handy in, but suspect Morrison gets another game.

From there I suspect Clarko gives Hendo/Scully another run before replacing them with Maginness.

We are playing one wingman too many which is costing us around the contest. Need a deep, physically strong midfield in shortened games. Replace with an extra mid.
As bad as Ceglar has been, it is compounded by the McEvoy move changing the dynamic of our backline.
Mcevoy 75% ruck And sit ceglar in the goal square.
Obrien to CHB. Pace, leap, reach and decent skills (barring poor decisions). Also means he doesn’t actually need to mark, just punch the ball.

Out: Scully/Henderson, Patton
In: Jones, Lewis (unlikely)
Hartley is a better tall defender than Obrien. In many cases Frost, frawley, scrimshaw and Sicily can handle the talls and mediums without any extra.

Sicily plays best when on clueless tall forwards. It looks like a mismatch but he reads the ball in flight so well and zone's off that he destroys guys like cox and Daniher.

If not for the bs frees he dominated cox. Cox's first goal was such bullshit cox is out bodied fairly and Sicily marks. Cox pushes day in the back the most text book example of an obvious free and somehow Cox gets the free. Then he carries on like he is the greatest player ever and had just done something incredible when really he gave away a free kick and got out marked by a guy 30cm shorter than him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back