Preview Round 7, 2020: Hawthorn v Melbourne, 19 July 2020, 3.35pm @ Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm expecting it'll be Ceglar at full forward and McEvoy in the ruck. Would almost rather Brooksby to be honest, Ceglar won't do much of anything. He's not key position but I'd be taking a look at Jackson Ross. We have no key position forwards at the minute, so why try and invent one? Either go small with TOB as the sole forward and play Minchington and Morris at his feet, or give Ross a run.

(fully aware the above won't happen, it's just what I'd like to see)

He's leading the team in tackles by a mile and is 3rd for score involvements

We need to run more bloke's through the middle not drop our reigning PCM for a first gamer.
If anything we should rotate him in a forward pocket because you know he will bring some heat and keep defenders honest. If we had more depth in the middle we would have the luxury to do this but we don't. We need our mids kicking more goals as its a glaring issue. Need to add to the mix in there with either Jones or Finn and not just replace them if they come in for another mid. It's becoming monotonous how badly we get beaten in the midfield regularly now. Last or 2nd last for the past 3 years at least and it's long overdue we make some changes.

I am with you Bugs and have been saying this since we restarted. Hawthorns list is stacked players adept at playing at the MCG, Tassie, and in the West. We have lost one of our biggest advantages, space. Richmond are struggling as well. They have used the MCG to their advantage beautifully in in recent seasons.

Hopefully we can hang in there and then get a few wins in the West or in Tassie to round off the season with a bit of confidence.

IMO Clarko will not want to abandon the game plan just because we are playing on postage stamps.

The Perth hub should help this, same dimension as the M.C.G!
With the Demons and Swans to come we need to get over this fortnight 2 winnable games!

Do we look at some more pressure Nash in?

See the gave us the Swans in Rd 8 at the SCG. At least it’s not at Giants Stadium 😂
[/QUOTE

No Heeney, no JPK,Jordan Dawson in the ruck,but not competing. We must be a chance if the boys are switched on. 30 points may win this spectacle!

Annoying how we never got an update on either Lewis or Scrimshaw last week

445AD6A0-4526-4C2B-8835-B75CFDEC5229.jpeg

Scrimshaw - 1 / 2 weeks
Lewis - 2 / 3 weeks
Breust - 2 / 3 weeks
Patton - 4 weeks
Impey - Test*
Jiath - Test
Walker - 1 / 2 weeks
Golds - Season
Howe - 🤷🏽‍♂️

* I really hope the club is ultra conservative with Impey and resists playing him on Giants Stadium. If they do play him then I will have my heart in my mouth the whole game because that surface the last couple of weeks is deplorable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

View attachment 911778

Scrimshaw - 1 / 2 weeks
Lewis - 2 / 3 weeks
Breust - 2 / 3 weeks
Patton - 4 weeks
Impey - Test*
Jiath - Test
Walker - 1 / 2 weeks
Golds - Season
Howe - 🤷🏽‍♂️

* I really hope the club is ultra conservative with Impey and resists playing him on Giants Stadium. If they do play him then I will have my heart in my mouth the whole game because that surface the last couple of weeks is deplorable.
100% one more in the reserves, Although a scratch match in nsw is still a risk.

No chance for Scrimshaw this wk? We set-up so much better with him in the side, hasn't been apart of many losing sides.

Melbourne can’t score either so we are in for another eye sore. Get ready for “worst game of all time” media reports post game. The loser of this game is going to cop it.

Melbourne are super slow and not skilful. They have Gawn who is awesome. But aside from him they are not a good side. I think we will win. But the score line might challenge that Richmond Swans beauty from yesterday

Melbourne can’t score either so we are in for another eye sore. Get ready for “worst game of all time” media reports post game. The loser of this game is going to cop it.

Melbourne are super slow and not skilful. They have Gawn who is awesome. But aside from him they are not a good side. I think we will win. But the score line might challenge that Richmond Swans beauty from yesterday
Viney, Oliver, Petracca, Brayshaw, Harmes is a very good midfield. May and Lever.
They've got talent everywhere.

I Didn't know, any suggestions?
I am not a Nash fan but i like his presurre Poppy can't do it. Minch,Moore?
Again, it won't happen but I'd really like to see Puopolo dropped. In an ideal world forever, but at least temporarily. I suspect AC won't even consider it until he goes past 200. With the lack of tall timber available this week I'd love to see a combination of Morris and Minchington

Again, it won't happen but I'd really like to see Puopolo dropped. In an ideal world forever, but at least temporarily. I suspect AC won't even consider it until he goes past 200. With the lack of tall timber available this week I'd love to see a combination of Morris and Minchington
I reckon go a whole bunch of mid sized forwards. Burgoyne, Wingard, Gunston, Morris, TOB.

Viney, Oliver, Petracca, Brayshaw, Harmes is a very good midfield. May and Lever.
They've got talent everywhere.
That midfield has terrible skills. Viney, Oliver and Brayshaw are accumulators but burn merchants. They are not damaging. Same can be said about some of our mids of course.

Petracca can be dangerous - until half time when he runs out of puff every week. Terribly unfit but talented.

Their forward line is rubbish. Like us they just don’t have damaging or dangerous players.

Gawn is quite easily the best player in either side and will tear Ceglar to shreds though. Still think we will win.

Everyone saying we will lose, what has Melbourne shown? We have at least played well against Richmond, north for 3 quarters and Brisbane. Who have they played well against? They were dreadful against Geelong and Richmond but now that they beat Gold Coast... that’s right GOLD COAST they are all of a sudden going to beat us?! Both sides are ordinary right now, but we are a better side than them and should be able to beat them. I know there’s the Giants stadium factor, but we should still be able to beat them.

That midfield has terrible skills. Viney, Oliver and Brayshaw are accumulators but burn merchants. They are not damaging. Same can be said about some of our mids of course.

Petracca can be dangerous - until half time when he runs out of puff every week. Terribly unfit but talented.

Their forward line is rubbish. Like us they just don’t have damaging or dangerous players.

Gawn is quite easily the best player in either side and will tear Ceglar to shreds though. Still think we will win.
Fritsch is a good player. Melksham. Pickett looks a player. But yes, that's their area of weakness. Like ours.
Of course I hope we win, but based off the last fortnight, I'm not confident.

Fritsch is a good player. Melksham. Pickett looks a player. But yes, that's their area of weakness. Like ours.
Of course I hope we win, but based off the last fortnight, I'm not confident.
Hasn’t done much yet but have you seen some of the searing pressure that young Pickett puts on? It will be an interesting matchup between him and dare I say Dimma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back