Preview Round 7, 2020: Hawthorn v Melbourne, 19 July 2020, 3.35pm @ Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree Hendo is playing far better than Scully. Been said before - Scully has never ever given the vibe that he wants to be at this club since crossing over. He has literally made millions since going to GWS and his old man made off like a bandit as well in a token recruitment position. Once he did his ankle GWS coudn't get him out of the door quick enough. I reckon he is still $hitty because he knows they are well and truly in the premiership window and we clearly are not. I just wonder if Patton is in the same boat...

Anyway I would drop Scully and bring in Moore and see what he's got - will definately go in a lot harder than Scully and knows where the goals are. Ceglar out - Hartley in and Mcevoy F/T ruck. Give Morris another chance and bring Harry Jones back in at the expense of Puopolo. We all love Poppy but he really needs to be told that his services are no longer required

Last edited:
Interesting that CJ isn't in any of the conversations about team selection. Has had limited opportunities but I think he showed potential on the field. I guess you can't have too much inexperience on the field. I'd love to see Fin play too. I think Fin, Day and CJ are all very much a part of the future of the club and this year would be a good time to try and cement them in the team alongside the Worpels' Siciliys' and Hardwicks'

Also we are crying out for a goal scorer. Maybe old wise heads like Burgoyne and Henderson need to play there to help ensure we kick a score. TOB's miss right in front in the second quarter v the pies pretty much destroyed whatever momentum we had built.

Interesting that CJ isn't in any of the conversations about team selection. Has had limited opportunities but I think he showed potential on the field. I guess you can't have too much inexperience on the field. I'd love to see Fin play too. I think Fin, Day and CJ are all very much a part of the future of the club and this year would be a good time to try and cement them in the team alongside the Worpels' Siciliys' and Hardwicks'

Also we are crying out for a goal scorer. Maybe old wise heads like Burgoyne and Henderson need to play there to help ensure we kick a score. TOB's miss right in front in the second quarter v the pies pretty much destroyed whatever momentum we had built.

better edit your post quick-smart or someone's gonna exasperatedly tell you CJ is a CAT B rookie and can't be selected

Agree Hendo is playing far better than Scully and if one of them has to be dropped it shuld be Scully frstBeen said before Scully has never ever given the vibe that he wants to be at tis club.

Agree Hendo is playing far better than Scully. Been said before - Scully has never ever given the vibe that he wants to be at this club since crossing over. He has literally made millions since going to GWS and his old man made off like a bandit as well in a token recruitment position. Once he did his ankle GWS coudn't get him out of the door quick enough. I reckon he is still $hitty because he knows they are well and truly in the premiership window and we clearly are not. I just wonder if Patton is in the same boat...

Anyway I would drop Scully and bring in Moore and see what he's got - will definately go in a lot harder than Scully and knows where the goals are. Ceglar out - Hartley in and Mcevoy F/T ruck. Give Morris another chance and bring Harry Jones back in at the expense of Puopolo. We all love Poppy but he really needs to be told that his services are no longer required

Kind of feels like this but it has to be done 🥺

Poppy.gif

We all love Poppy but he really needs to be told that his services are no longer required
Surely that was heavily discussed last year, he was only given his contract after trade period.
Does he want to spend another 10 weeks in the hub away from wife and child if he's not going to play? Send him home.

I agree that Scully is soft, can’t forget how he let heath Shaw run right through him, amongst other things. But at least he keeps it moving. Henderson stops the flow every time he gets it. Goes back and kicks over the mark, Kicks down the line, slows us down to a crawl. His confidence is shot and his body language is awful - looks like a defeated man. Can’t play them both and Smith any longer and I think Scully has been marginally better and offers more.

I agree that Scully is soft, can’t forget how he let heath Shaw run right through him, amongst other things. But at least he keeps it moving. Henderson stops the flow every time he gets it. Goes back and kicks over the mark, Kicks down the line, slows us down to a crawl. His confidence is shot and his body language is awful - looks like a defeated man. Can’t play them both and Smith any longer and I think Scully has been marginally better and offers more.
Hendo looks like he's not enjoying his footy. You can see it in his face.

Agree. Hendo seems to have fallen off a cliff.

At least Scully runs to space and opens gaps for others.

His lack of physical commitment of late has been Hartung-esque, sadly...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else just really sad about the Hendo drop off?

Like ignoring the fact we are a better team when he is playing well but just the way he played last season when we were desperate for some sort of class. Had one of the most out of no where borderline elite years i have seen. We lose another 2-3 games easy without him last year.

Last year alone will give him a lot of love from Hawks fans for years to come long after he left the club.

Season on the line here so I’d bring Impey in. Too many passengers in the team for him to sit out again.

Impey, Burgoyne, Lewis and Nash in.
Scully, Puopolo, Patton and Ceglar out. Nash is worth playing, ground level threat and can tackle.

Stratton Frawley Frost
Hardwick Sicily Impey
Shiels Worpel Smith
McEvoy Mitchell O’Meara
Wingard TOB Gunston
Burgoyne Lewis Nash
INT: Henderson, Morrison, Day, Morris.

Season on the line here so I’d bring Impey in. Too many passengers in the team for him to sit out again.

Impey, Burgoyne, Lewis and Nash in.
Scully, Puopolo, Patton and Ceglar out. Nash is worth playing, ground level threat and can tackle.

Stratton Frawley Frost
Hardwick Sicily Impey
Shiels Worpel Smith
McEvoy Mitchell O’Meara
Wingard TOB Gunston
Burgoyne Lewis Nash
INT: Henderson, Morrison, Day, Morris.
Nash isn’t match fit- hasn’t played in the scrimmages so I assume he’s unavailable. Apparently Minchington was good in the scrimmage last week so might be time to see what we have there...
Would love Impey in the side but really don’t think he’s worth risking if not match fit - need him 100% as he’s a long term player for the club..
wouldn’t mind seeing Hartley in and Ceglar out to release McEvoy into the ruck and also Finn debut not far away..

Agree. Hendo seems to have fallen off a cliff.

At least Scully runs to space and opens gaps for others.

His lack of physical commitment of late has been Hartung-esque, sadly...
That’s a bit funny because it’s so true.
Not quite two peas in the same pod but definitely on the same branch.... Branch or stem...???? You get the idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back