Game Day Round 7, 2020: Hawthorn v Melbourne, 3.35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears that something is way out of order, we are looking rudderless, very un Hawthorn like and I think some not really giving it everything.

Its amazing at this level how you can watch a set up that you know is better, yet they look hopelessly out of touch and un co-ordinated, we have built a great list, it is all there, but time is the issue and we are probably a bit early for bigger things.
I 've said before to get a working perfection in game plan and actually carrying it out takes time. Melbourne are not a gun side, nor are we, but we are not a 6 or 10 goal worse side than Melbourne.

I suspect we are in the early stages of building that precision, of course other clubs have come up to what we were, when we had those champions who were not just champions..... but a champion TEAM. About 40 + of them too we don't have that depth again yet.

I doubt many people understand the work and practice and total committment to be precise and unbeatable at this level.
Which is all a gigantic learning curve, and the Hawks have some older boys now , and we have young fellows that have not yet joined that "finished touch" that great sides of ours in the past have reached, they are on the way, our list is fine it'll be OK, but we've been caught up to, and the side right now is still learning and trying to play together.

It'll come , but our list up to 2016,will never be found again , we got spoilt by a freak of nature, Clarko and a recruiting and player selection team that was unique.

They'll be back ! But sometimes when you finally remove old stalwarts whose time is up, the blokes left behind playing still, those that looked magnificent all of a sudden, have to pull their weight, some can't.
Its a footy fact. Time & patience. But definitely some mongrel needs to get back into them after this drubbing.

I thought Collingwood looked desperate the other night, they had that Hawk 2008, round 17 v Geelong look, about them, the day I never forget the day we knew we could win the flag. And did.
Clubs can take years to get to that mind set. Some never do , they just get close. Be Patient.

So it should be. Until something changes. This is the third game in a row that has been exactly the same. Unless your playing for draft picks. We’re going to be on the bottom with Adelaide.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I'm kind of excited at the idea of having a top 5 draft pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It appears that something is way out of order, we are looking rudderless
Starts with the captain - worst I've seen in my lifetime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back