Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 20, 2001
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Sydney Swans
Never did I think E Taylor would get a debut this year.
Good on the kid!

So our three debutants from last years draft already. Just need to give Rowles a debut and the slap in the face to our existing untried players from prior years is complete lol

In all seriousness though, it perhaps says to me that a number of players have perhaps had their cards marked.

Not sure why we wouldn't keep McCartin and McLean inside 50 together. They were our targets against North and they worked reasonably well, and that was with Heeney.

The solution to beating Gold Coast is actually easy: Stop Charlie Ballard. He was the difference between a respectable loss to Melbourne last week and a trouncing.

Good on the kid!

So our three debutants from last years draft already. Just need to give Rowles a debut and the slap in the face to our existing untried players from prior years is complete lol
Taylor only has 2 left lol
In all seriousness though, it perhaps says to me that a number of players have perhaps had their cards marked.

Oct 17, 2016
AFL Club
Sydney
I think it is a positive that the three young guys from last week get to play a second week in a row. It consolidates the experience. Rather than having a long gap till their next senior game.

Hopefully they get nicer weather this week.

Good on the kid!

I want to heart-emoji this and sad-face emoji this.

Dubai Quacker

Wily Old Campaigner
Aug 11, 2019
Western Australia
AFL Club
Sydney
Fantastic that E.Taylor is getting a game.

Just worry that as a young (indigenous?) lad from WA, we’ll end up being forced to trade him to the Eagles or Dockers, Jetta-style.

Here’s hoping he is a gun AND loves living in Sydney.

Fantastic that E.Taylor is getting a game.

Just worry that as a young indigenous lad from WA, we’ll end up being forced to trade him to the Eagles or Dockers, Jetta-style.

Here’s hoping he is a gun AND loves living in Sydney.

Maybe, maybe not.

The way I see it any draftee could end up wanting out. Best to take the most talented ones available, back your culture in, and if they end up wanting out down the road, try and capitalise on their talent while they're around. Hawthorn would not have wanted Cyril Rioli to be done and dusted with the game only ten years into his career, but I doubt they'd be complaining about the four flags he helped them win.

Ditto Jetta. I don't regret for a second taking him even though he went on to help a rival win a flag, because we wouldn't have won 2012 without him.

swanssince2002

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 21, 2018
21kms from Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors
I believe we are going to make some hard decisions on certain players due to brutal list cuts at the end of the season. I think Maibaum and Ling will get a run towards the end of the season as well. Give them 3-4 games to see if they are worth it...

ScottBo

Team Captain
Aug 17, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney

Don't leave Gould out of the "slap in the face" party.:)

As per our trading, I hope we stop going to the bargain bin . We have enough talented kids now to back them in from here on in and start looking at the top shelf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back