Preview Round 7, 2020 vs Carlton @ GABBA

Remove this Banner Ad

The constant travel will get us at some point. The fact we lost at the Gabba not long back hopefully means we are better prepared to kick those easy goals ...
Wasn't the squad in QLD for several weeks? We might be at Adelaide Oval for a long period too.

Im very nervous for this game because Carlton are a bogey side and are playing good footy. That being said, one aspect of their game plan i am confident plays into our hands is the way they build out of defence. Per the Footy Live app, Carlton only use the corridor 14% of the time when playing out of defence. We love to force teams down the line, it is a staple of our defensive structure once we lock the ball in our forward half.

If we can win the midfield battle and lock the ball in our front half, i think we will come away with the win.

This game has danger written all over it. I have this same uneasiness that I had before the Brisbane game, and it's at the same venue as that fateful game. Hopefully a different result this time, but we need to be at our very best to pull off a win tomorrow!!!

Fingers crossed on this one . Need Ladhams to at least break even in the ruck .
id like to try leaving Farrell on the wing and Duursma doing the Ebert role of forward and a little bit mid . If Duursma pulls out late I’d play Georgiades in that role . I’d play Jonas on Casboult . Definitely Houston in the middle . I’m not sure how Mayes will get used , hope he proves me wrong because he’s a bit vanilla from what I’ve seen.
Id try Rozee at centre half forward . Gray 50/50 mid and forward . Hope Gray starts looking back to his old self , he moved a little better last week so hope he looks better again this week .
I think the reason why the tall forwards have been playing so close to Charlie is to stop Charlie being out numbered . Not sure it really works unless we had a great crumbed and sharp shooter like Rankine .
if we keep that tactic up we need the third tall to really move around and make an option and actually change up the way we go in . Look for a Rozee sometimes, Duursma sometimes .
If we play at or near our best we should win as long as we get our share of luck

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What the actual fukc ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It is to deal with the current tv deal which gives foxtel a few exclusive live games each year. This is one of ours. Ridiculous in today's day and age. Not sure there is a TV rights deal for any other sporting league in the world that is happy to have free to air games on delay.

On another note, why do people think we have a bad record at the gabba? 2 and 2 in our last 4 games there, and one of those losses (last year) we were in the game until the last 2 minutes.

I'm more concerned about tomorrow morning's flight affecting us than anything else. Hopefully the changes we have made ensures that we have enough fresh bodies in the squad to give us a necessary spark on what is a.unique situation of a fly in fly out game day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back