Preview Round 7, 2020 vs Carlton @ GABBA

Remove this Banner Ad

I too believe this is a genuine danger game and my prediction is the blue bagger's game plan will be to get us off the bit early to test the run in our legs, fast Eddie will have a day out, and the result will go down to the wire with the eventual winner getting the chocolates by no more than 12-15 points.

If it is that tight it should be the team with the fresher legs that prevails, and given yet another very early plane ride for the Port players they could be feeling the pinch late in the game.

I too believe this is a genuine danger game and my prediction is the blue bagger's game plan will be to get us off the bit early to test the run in our legs, fast Eddie will have a day out, and the result will go down to the wire with the eventual winner getting the chocolates by no more than 12-15 points.

If it is that tight it should be the team with the fresher legs that prevails, and given yet another very early plane ride for the Port players they could be feeling the pinch late in the game.

We didn't feel the pinch when the game was there to be won last week. We actually ran over the top of GWS and that was despite having just 3 on the bench for the 2nd half due to Sutcliffe's hamstring injury.

If we win today's midfield battle I firmly expect to win this game.

Did Port get an explanation from the AFL as to why they didn’t get the later game today? We would be livid I reckon...there were 7 other time slots that could have accommodated you guys better and they chose one of the 2 that would be crap...

i know we’re meant to be enemies today, and really don’t expect the whole flight situation to be a factor to be honest, but seems like something the AFL could have considered...

anyway good luck guys (and girls) hoping for some competitiveness from our mob and no injuries all round!

Did Port get an explanation from the AFL as to why they didn’t get the later game today? We would be livid I reckon...there were 7 other time slots that could have accommodated you guys better and they chose one of the 2 that would be crap...

i know we’re meant to be enemies today, and really don’t expect the whole flight situation to be a factor to be honest, but seems like something the AFL could have considered...

anyway good luck guys (and girls) hoping for some competitiveness from our mob and no injuries all round!

We are Port Adelaide, we are always screwed harder by the AFL.

I think the logic behind it is if you schedule the game later in the day, then port would schedule a flight mid morning rather than early morning. The issue then is what happens if there is a problem with the weather, the plane etc? By having the early morning flight they flexibility should the game need to be delayed to later in the day.

I would think in such a scenario that the league would just push it back to 2-3pm and have it overlapping with the Hawthorn/Melbourne game. Wouldn't be ideal for the TV rights and what not but that would be my guess as to how it would be handled.

They want us out of Queensland tonight.
We coped last week hopefully it balances out later on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My local club used to fly over from Vic to SA to play Blackfriars in the preseason

When the game was at 3pm it was a nightmare, as we were on a 6am flight, all at the blue galah at 8.30am ready to go, then had a 6 hour wait til the game

Was better when they changed it to 1am

Remove this Banner Ad

Back