Review Round 7 2021 - Adelaide Crows v GWS Giants, 2.10 pm @ Adelaide Oval, Sat 1 May

Remove this Banner Ad

Well done, lads, played strong, hard footy all day. Corrected the early goalkicking woes to end up with a reasonable score. Defended outstandingly well to keep them to a low score and help our percentage.

Brilliant to see Whitfield back - just added quality to our D50 transition. Well done to Jesse Hogan, a really solid start, and he'll be great for our forward line structure.

Inside mids were fantastic, bouncing back from their loss to the Dogs' midfield. Smashed the admittedly undermanned Crows' midfield.

started 2-11 followed by 13-5. had horrible “we’ll kick ourselves out of it“ feelings early, but came home strongly.

gotta be happy with that. just effort, second effort, third effort all day. we play like that we‘ll win more than we lose.

welcome Jesse Hogan

and I’m liking the growth of players like Idun and O’Halloran - even Buckley is starting to look comfortable at the level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Idun has done alright so far. Are you all happy with his development?

Yes, obviously early days and plenty of development to go, but I remarked to my family today that he's been looking very composed for a kid in his ninth game. Very happy with where he's at.

Yep developing really really well.

His enthusiasm is just nuts he always looks so excited.

Idun has done alright so far. Are you all happy with his development?
Ecstatic. Really worked his way into a good defender instead of just relying on his physical attributes.

can somebody please explain how these ratings work?
Lachie Ash - 22 disposals at 86% efficiency. 7 marks and 3 score involvements from the back and he’s barely rated above the guys who were either subbed out or subbed in.
And behind McAdam who had 7 disposals at 57% efficiency and absolutely butchered his 2 shots on goal.
Makes SFA sense to me.
5AF5838A-DB35-4BC5-9CDB-87EB897A2C43.png

Last edited:
Lachie Ash - 22 disposals at 86% efficiency. 7 marks and 3 score involvements from the back and he’s barely rated above the guys who were either subbed out or subbed in.
And behind McAdam who had 7 disposals at 57% efficiency and absolutely butchered his 2 shots on goal.
Makes SFA sense to me.
View attachment 1116100

Easy.

The ratings are done by the same people who umpire the Bulldogs.

Makes SFA sense to me.
I agree, that's bizarre. Certainly not a justifiable assessment of how Ash played today or the comparison with other players as you've noted with some examples.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back