tenor.gif

AFLQLD

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
There are other teams?
We need big games from our midfield - O’Lyons, O’Mathieson, O’Zorko, O’Bailey. MacCluggage has been in good form and we need him at his best. With O’Neale out they all need to lift collectively.

Our forwards MacMcStay, MacHipwood, MacDaniher need to get among the goals.

Big game needed in defence O’Harris MacAndrew, MacAdams and O’Ah Chee

Hopefully the new debutant with the very English name plays well.

I predict a slow start (we are lion) followed by a shake it off moment where players 'get' that Lachie isn't going to put in a burst to save us.

They collectively lift, hunt in packs, communicate the heck out what's happening and slowly take us to a 28 point win.

And I'll be heard on the outskirts of Rocklea crying - why do you have to have your combined 50th birthdays on a lions Gabba game night???

On the plus side, I'll be dry.

Port have gone for a bath with the bookies $1.78 out to $2.00..we will start favs by the looks which definitely doesn’t line up with the tipsters and most on here

Saw that, somewhat of a surprise to me although perhaps it is due to the weather forecast and Boak being out as well.

Milux

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Going to be a tough one tonight. We should find out alot about ourselves.

Hoping Andrews can find some 2020 form. Adams has been building nicely. Hoping his body can stay good.

First season in a long time we are facing some serious injury headaches. We are sorely missing the likes of Berry, Rayner and even the run of Answerth.

Our forwards must be hating the weather up here the last few games.

patfullfankezz

Puhuhuhuhu!
Jul 28, 2011
Brisbane!
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Heat, Wigan Athletic
I've started another walking challenge (this time for charity) and I've gotta manage 110km in the month of May.

Ima start by walking from my comfortable abode in Hamilton all the way to the Gabba. The footy gods had better accept that sacrifice and give us a fecking win or else I will be most upset.

(I'm 32 and still trying to bribe the footy gods. If you need me I'll be having an existential crisis)

royboys4eva

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2006
Melbourne - once Darwin.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Looking forward to seeing how the Irish lad Madden goes? Hope he isn't a spud :) Hope Beastmode has a ripper as well. If we can get enough decent supply into the forward 50 I think out forwards will cause them trouble. Could be a good night for our crumbers like McCarthy - Charlie.

Go Lions.

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
So who get's to be medical sub from these guys - EMG: T.Berry, T.Fullarton, H.Sharp, C.Ballenden
I think it will be J Berry again. He handled the wet conditions v Essendon when activated.
The sub rule will allow him to play in the VFL on Sunday should he need more match practice
Don't think the conditions will suit Ballenden & Fullarton
Also don't think Sharp in the conditions his pace will be nullified.
Whoever it is i hope they don't get to play
The rule mentioned above

4. The Medical Substitute Player will be permitted to participate in another match in another competition (e.g. a State League competition) in the equivalent round regardless of whether they are activated during the AFL match.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
I've started another walking challenge (this time for charity) and I've gotta manage 110km in the month of May.

Ima start by walking from my comfortable abode in Hamilton all the way to the Gabba. The footy gods had better accept that sacrifice and give us a fecking win or else I will be most upset.

(I'm 32 and still trying to bribe the footy gods. If you need me I'll be having an existential crisis)
I hope you have some wet weather gear, looks like rain coming here in Fairfield.

jonnobackpocket

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

I do 110 kms every time we play- up and down the passage because of nerves!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back