Review Round 7, 2021 - Brisbane Lions vs. Port Adelaide

Who were your five best players against Port Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought our backline looked so much more balanced tonight. Be interesting to see what happens going forward.

When Harris is in form everyone else walks a little taller. If I had to guess Madden will come out for Gardiner though I'd bring in Gardiner for Lester personally, as much as I like Lester.

Clugga is clearly Simon Black 2.0. It’s like time slows down when he has possession of the ball, just artwork.

I love seeing Joe up the field, it gives Charlie Dixon Cameron so much space to do what he loves to do, getting into a foot chase under the ball drop.

Harris doing Harris things again is also awesome to see.

And from the bits I saw, it looked like Beast really focused on team footy when he was going for the hard ball get instead of shrugging his shoulder and playing for a high contact free.

Love it. My old manager is a Port fan and suggested a $20 supercheap gift card wager on the outcome. Glad I said yes now, but he hasn’t responded to any of my messages yet. :)

Last edited:
I will have to watch the match again tomorrow to know exactly who clearly shined out for us, but surely I'm not the only one to think that was the best team performance we have had against any sort of good opposition this year with everyone playing to their role and supporting each other like a quality team does which is awesome to see again.

Great job boys for the win and hopefully this performance is a sign for things to come throughout the season :)

Last edited:
Well done boys. Love beating port . They are the best flat track bullies in the game

Based on his current form, McCluggage is currently a top 10 player in the comp. Absolute gun.

Only blemish is finishing for goal; whether on the run or set shot it's very average. Otherwise he is utterly elite in everything and just a joy to watch.

Zorko been getting bagged a lot this season. He played a lot of time forward but the effort was first class from him. Might have applied the most pressure of anyone.
I’ll put my hand up. It’s the silliness and immaturity he showed but that hasn’t been seen for the last 3 games. I know which type of player and captain I prefer. Well done to him for turning it around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Andrews and Chalire regaining form is huge for us. Great to see guys like Robinson, Birchall and Adams building into the season nicely as well and Zorko getting back to his best this year now he is injury free. We need all those guys playing towards their best week in week out for us to have a crack at it this year with Neale out for an extended period of time and Rayner gone for the year. Loving the effort and production of the younger guys coming in as well. I loved watching Robertson, Prior and Madden tonight. Also Bailey and Starcevich are getting better every year.

We played really solid all around the ground and didn't have a weak link.

It must be said though their lack of pressure early was surprising and a few of their guys just didn't turn up.

I'm not going the early crow on our lineup based on this game but we seemed a lot more balanced with someone of Madden's size down back ,Ah Chee applied really good pressure in the forward half and with he and McCarthy doing a lot of grunt work Charlie is freed up. Daniher taking a fair chunk of the ruckwork is a big plus because his efforts when the ball hits the ground are first class.

Our backline withstood everything that was thrown at them . Starcevich was very impressive in one on one's . Harris was brilliant particularly early. Adams is just a total bull, fearsome and is improving every week . His ground ball play is excellent for someone his size.

And surely Dermot needs to be retired. Complete and total drivel all night.

Always knew we were going to win (especially after patting a Beagle. Beagles are always good luck). I will admit I cheered when port kicked the first goal of the last quarter I was that bored out of my skull. Made a new friend too, new person sitting next to me at the Gabba, and I earned 5 Fitbit badges so it's just been a winful night.

I love our tall towers, and I love that even if they don't kick bags, Charlie will. Was nice to have the motorbike back at the Gabba.

Was great to see Harris Andrews get some confidence back, and I was happy with Adams and Lester as well. Our defense got a bit of a hammering tonight, but I think they weathered it well. Port might have gotten a bit more confidence if they'd been able to kick straight, but their loss, our gain.

Glad I didn't have to hear the commentary too, from what you guys say it was bloody appalling. Umpiring wasn't too bad either, didn't really notice them.

Now to deal with my cat...

Back