Review Round 7, 2021 - Brisbane Lions vs. Port Adelaide

Who were your five best players against Port Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

FLVanLandingham

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It was so refreshing I managed to write some notes during the last 10 mins.

McCluggage Lyons Andrews BOG. especially the two mids who held up for Neale being out.
Ah Chee looked so comfortable up forward, and Adams really solidifying his spot.

Don't really know who played not well, McStay went a bit quiet, but by and by it was a really great team-effort.

Nice signs of Madden on debut, lovely speed. Prior also solid again, Dev too.

Robinson back to his best too.

Really liking the synergy (god I hate that word) between our forwards we're getting. leading up taking out their defenders, freeing up space and also taking the marks nicely

Some pretty bad misses, I wish we really buried them as we should have, but we're really building into the season nicely

I think it also has to be said Port were quite putrid, so we can't read into it that we're on top of the teams.

Nov 26, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Great game. Really happy to see us pubish another contender with a nice % booster.

Harris was BOG for me. Set the tone early with great intercepting. Also best manning of the mark I've seen. Back to his best form

McCluggage and Lyons best in the middle. Class and grunt work that just set up beautifully in the middle.

Charlie back in form is great for football. Robbo was a huge during the middle. Loves wet weather football.

Maddens pace was great. Prior and Dev show a lot of promise.

Everyone else played a even role. Liked the tackling pressure. Back in the hunt

jonnobackpocket

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Nothing but impressive, let’s not underestimate that because we never let them in. I know they are out bunnies but that is a great win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Satisfying. Confident to see we're building into the season on that, especially missing a few.

Great to see Harro back to playing like Harro. Even doing the good stuff on the mark and smothering. Great game from him.
Clugga all class.
A lot of very solid contributions. Very even team performance.

There's been a fair bit of discussion on here recently about why Payne should be played over Adams, despite him not even being currently fit. Adams last few games have really solidified why we targeted him. His intercept work is great, he outbodies his opponents, his straight line running is like a steam train and efforts like those in the 3rd where he poleaxed one player and beat another to give off the ball are things that Payne simply can not do currently. Loving that he's being able to get a nice run of games. Could end up seriously impressive.

Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
DD9E1C57-7549-4A5A-8DE7-46FF808207BC.jpeg

FLVanLandingham

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It was odd the difference in physicality from last week to this one. Looks like we actually pulled up totally fine for it today, and fingers crossed we finished it out with nothing too bad (right?) they looked tired, but nothing major.

Thankful to port for just not having any edge today at all. Their fans would be frothing though, insipid at times.

davemc_lions

Premiership Player
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
great win.. Andrews back again.. Helped pressure from our mids caused random bombs.
Clugga BOG Lyons was great. Robbo was fantastic. Gave a vote to Starc thought he was super solid all our backline was great
58 times in for 4.14
Charlie found his form.. Like Joe up the ground.. Our forwards finding their grove.
McCarthy was great gave him a vote as well.
Birchall was super solid so too Rich.
Be interesting who goes for Dizzy next week, as Madden was good first up needs to get more games.
Easily could of give votes to Lyons, Zorko, Adams, Charlie, Joe, Dev, Birchall and AhChee

Back