Autopsy Round 7, 2021: Hawks refuse to take the field

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll be honest not happy with Worpel all year twas his best game by a mile. Geez he's kicking is horrible, his kick never used to be but for me only bloke in the midfield had a crack all day. So a pass mark.

I'd give Harwick a pass. give CJ a big pass when an entire team says play on him and run away from the ball. I struggle to find a winner past that but will once again say Kosi was okish next.

Our midfield is a waste of space without JOM. Was a waste of space beforehand, but giving him a week off showed how bad it is.

Got to say, was the first time this season where we never looked in the game.

Clarkos presser on the Friday “the Saints have copped it in the media and will come out firing so we need to be ready”.

Whatever happened from that comment and the first bounce was the total opposite.

Perhaps the solid weeks of tough opposition, big comebacks etc just took its toll on us.

We all know that we played a sh*t game against St Kilda, yet here we are 18 pages later, still talking about it.

It's a forum. Don't get me wrong, I think there's a lot of rubbish in here, but everyone comes to these forums with different needs and different intents. I prefer analytical posts that provide great insights (your ones on the spread vs congestion I found fascinating). Others just don't have the same skills/knowledge/insights/social queues - there's probably more diversity of people and personalities posting in these threads than often get into a single room in most places in the world.
I'm all good with people talk about the game in an autopsy thread. I draw the line at Vickery, though :thumbsu:

The bottom line is we blew this at selection. In what world is JOM and Chad going out = two talls coming in?

The bottom line is we blew this at selection. In what world is JOM and Chad going out = two talls coming in?
Finn came in with Gunston.

Crows were equally as flat as us.
This is a good thing to note. Last week was a high-paced game and both teams only had a 6-day break. Probably no real surprise that both teams looked buggered.

Also, losing your two most damaging mids in a team that's light on midfield depth doesn't help.

Taking a bit of time to digest this game - it was very frustrating but I understand why it happened.

We got dominated out of the centre and we were shown up for lacking anything resembling dynamic or different in the midfield. Knew we'd get done with O'Meara and Wingard sitting out, had no clue we'd get done so badly.

Combination of the above point, Saints needing to respond given the expectations of them, and the fact that we play genuinely bad football on Marvel all made for a poor showing.

Doesn't make me too negative about future prospects though because it happened without Day, Sicily, Wingard and O'Meara which makes for the major part of our good and exciting play.

Not sure if any of you had the chance to watch the interview with Dylan Moore after the game, the guy seemed to be in absolute shock and deflated. I also do think that they went into the game somehow under estimating St Kilda, especially Hill and Jones due to their performance this year so far, otherwise why would they let them loose? Anyways the interview is in the Hawks app, members exclusive section

Remove this Banner Ad

Back