Adelaide v Greater Western Sydney (AO)
St Kilda v Hawthorn (MRVL) (T)
Brisbane Lions v Port Adelaide (G) (N)
Sydney v Geelong (SCG) (N)

Sunday, May 2
North Melbourne v Melbourne (BA)
Essendon v Carlton (MCG)
West Coast v Fremantle (OS) (T)

Yeah fair enough, its different for everyone. What I've always wondered is the idea of having one sock up, one sock down. I've seen it quite a number of times.
I actually think they specifically manufacture shorter (crew length) socks now for most teams, supposedly players used to cut then re sow them so they would be shorter.

I was a one up one down operator. Truthfully i hated sock down on my preferred leg so it would get the tape job, non preferred didnt bother me as much so i wouldnt tape it, it would fall down and id just forget to pull it up.

I just don’t understand why players don’t wear their socks up these days.

Does anyone know?
It’s annoying, mainly.

You’ll see ruckman wearing one up to cover a shin pad if they’re wearing one, that’s pretty much it.
You’ll see ruckman wearing one up to cover a shin pad if they’re wearing one, that’s pretty much it.

What I've always wondered is the idea of having one sock up, one sock down.
Ruckmen will do it when they’re wearing a shin pad on their lead leg.

Other than that, could just be a personal thing. I did it as a superstition as a junior. I forgot to pull the second one up one day and we smashed the opposition, I kicked 8 goals or something, so I did it for the rest of the season.

Won the flag.

Casey Demons are wearing their home guernsey with white shorts at the moment against Norths Reserves. A sign of things to come on Sunday perhaps?

Should see West Coast finally in real Castore shorts on Sunday. Were wearing them at training today, essentially the same design as Adidas had for Hawthorn last year with the two thin vertical stripes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood's big stripes don't really work for me. A lot of players just have sliver of black between the front and back stripe from side on. It would be nice if Nike could design each guernsey individually so that all the stripes are evenly spaced every time but that's probably asking a bit much.

Interesting that GWS are using an indigenous jumper as a clash jumper, like the AFLW. I haven't really followed this one: is the white clash jumper from last year now shelved, and this will be their clash jumper all year (apart from the charcoal jumper used against Sydney)?

Interesting that GWS are using an indigenous jumper as a clash jumper, like the AFLW. I haven't really followed this one: is the white clash jumper from last year now shelved, and this will be their clash jumper all year (apart from the charcoal jumper used against Sydney)?

The old white jumper has been dumped. The idea was that the orange jumper would become their primary clash jumper, with the Indigenous used as basically a third kit “where white is required”, which I interpreted to be for games against Adelaide and Hawthorn. We’re still yet to see this all-orange clash jumper though.

Collingwood's big stripes don't really work for me. A lot of players just have sliver of black between the front and back stripe from side on. It would be nice if Nike could design each guernsey individually so that all the stripes are evenly spaced every time but that's probably asking a bit much.
I know it's one less stripe and I know Collingwood have had two stripes before but it just doesn't look right to me. Three stripes is the optimal. That, with a white base, to me, is the optimal Collingwood jumper.

Anyone want to predict when/if we will see the Giants orange kit?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back