Adelaide v Greater Western Sydney (AO)
St Kilda v Hawthorn (MRVL) (T)
Brisbane Lions v Port Adelaide (G) (N)
Sydney v Geelong (SCG) (N)

Sunday, May 2
North Melbourne v Melbourne (BA)
Essendon v Carlton (MCG)
West Coast v Fremantle (OS) (T)

Round 9 and/or 11 would be possible; they play away to Richmond and Brisbane in those games.

But who knows?
Maybe against North and/or Geelong, thinking the white of both would clash with the indigenous kit.

what's the story there? i assume it's been talked about already but it was strange to see
Was tweeted last week by an employee to get on board so I assume haven't found anyone. Though jumper looks great with no logo there's obviously the $$$$. Hopefully the club is not accepting any old deal hence the delay.

Possibly saw the most unique Crows guernsey in existence today.
Saw someone wearing a 2018/2019 clash with a picture of Tex and the text "Proud 4th Cousin of Taylor Walker" on the back of it.
Decided to have a close look at it and saw that Tex 4th cousin stuff was sublimated (not heatpressed), so ISC made a special version of the 2018/2019 clash with that stuff on the back for Tex's 4th cousin :drunk:

Following up on this from a few weeks ago, saw it again today and took a picture this time
1619863679598.png

The North Melb v Melbourne match up is okay, but the contrast would be a lot better if North were in white shorts instead of the Dees.

Last edited:
You either put Melbourne in Navy shorts or North in white shorts.

But make sure Geelong wear white shorts every week!!!

How about being consistent AFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Except for last night when they didn’t?

Missing the point if you want to call me on a technicality.

It’s actually better to watch with us in white shorts except for Sydney and Gold Coast.

As much as I want to see both teams in colored shorts in our games, I know it looks better in white.

But let’s apply the same rules across the league!!!

North should have been in white shorts today if you want to be consistent with the rule.

Castore shorts in and being worn by WC
Sekem jumpers still on

Think Castore will have given up making player issue jumpers this year and will try again next year.

Think Castore will have given up making player issue jumpers this year and will try again next year.
Probably for the better

One of, if not the only, shorts designs in the game today with a 100% winning record. True fact.

842755.jpg

Interesting that GWS are using an indigenous jumper as a clash jumper, like the AFLW. I haven't really followed this one: is the white clash jumper from last year now shelved, and this will be their clash jumper all year (apart from the charcoal jumper used against Sydney)?
I think I’ve said it before here but I like this as a tactic; keep the indigenous jumper into the wardrobe to be worn whenever suits and not just for one game which could be a novelty.

I’d love if someone designed for Geelong an indigenous jumper that was heavily navy based, that became the clash design from that point on and become a ‘traditional’ clash in time.

pre season can be for the wacky (and t shirt sleeves...)

Last edited:
I think I’ve said it before here but I like this as a tactic; keep the indigenous jumper into the wardrobe to be worn whenever suits and not just for one game which could be a novelty.

I’d love if someone designed for Geelong an indigenous jumper that was heavily navy based, that became the clash design from that point on and become a ‘traditional’ clash in time.

pre season can be for the wacky (and t shirt sleeves...)
does Geelong even clash with anyone though?

I personally prefer the indigenous kit design change every year or so, in order to showcase the actual design elements of different local artworks and the stories they want to implement. I dont mind them using it multiple times during the year (or even using the same design as the aflw team); but I like the idea of having it "launch" in indigenous round and then use it sporadically throughout the season, whether that be a couple of home and away games, or based on the location of the game, ike Darwin or Cairns, or even significant games like a record game for an indigenous player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back