Preview Round 7 2021: Richmond Vs Western Bulldogs 30/04 MCG 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I hope Liam Picken doesnt tag Dusty

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MRJ is not coming in..Dimma has even said he's not ready yet and it's evident he's not.

He loves Will Martyn, and I think we will play Naish too.

Looks like Ross, Martyn and Naish.

Testing times for us.

Exciting time for us, as years go by, it only becomes more important to play young kids. Riewoldt, Cotchin, Houli, Edwards aren’t getting younger and we need to see what the future is like at every opportunity.

That’s not to say we’re out of the flag hunt.

Shai's playing Dusty's role. We need a pure mid to take the minutes and it should be RCD. Ross can play the Lambert link role when he's at his best. CCJ will cover Grimes by forcing Noah out of the ruck, or can straight up force Aarts out of the side.

One thing that might mess that up is if they decide there's too much experience going out, and ask Caddy to fill the gap from Lambert, which would push Ross to mids and deny RCD a debut.

My choice would be:

Out: Dusty, Lambert, Grimes/Aarts
In: RCD, Ross, CCJ

Sub: Aarts/Caddy

In comparison to last years grand final side , last week we had Aarts ( small forward) and Mansell ( small defender for Prestia ( on baller ) and Vlaustin ( intercepting defender ) whilst a key moment in the Gf and leading up to the grand final we played with two ruckman . predominately before Houli returned . the other key component to the swing in the grand final was McIntosh went back when Vlaustin was k’o d . Surely it’s not that hard to realise for team balance we send McIntosh back ( replace Vlaustin) send either baker or short to a wing and Replace a smal forward with a back up ruckman . Then we look to replace dusty , ( bodied mid who can go forward ) role RCD has been playing , and lambert the bloke who pushes up to stoppages ( Ross)
Out : dusty , lambert , aarts
in : CCJ , RCD and Ross

at a stretch you could prefer Caddy and or Naish instead of RCD and Ross . I think Caddy lacks leg speed something we don’t need less of and Naish is to outside .

It's interesting isn't it. I always feel we struggle with team selection a bit when Prestia, Tigger types are out.

We will lose a midfielder and bring in a HB flank, lose an important intercepting defender and bring in a HB flank.

It's weird because we back the system over players apparently but seemingly don't trust shuffling players around in the system until it's a last resort.
In comparison to last years grand final side , last week we had Aarts ( small forward) and Mansell ( small defender for Prestia ( on baller ) and Vlaustin ( intercepting defender ) whilst a key moment in the Gf and leading up to the grand final we played with two ruckman . predominately before Houli returned . the other key component to the swing in the grand final was McIntosh went back when Vlaustin was k’o d . Surely it’s not that hard to realise for team balance we send McIntosh back ( replace Vlaustin) send either baker or short to a wing and Replace a smal forward with a back up ruckman . Then we look to replace dusty , ( bodied mid who can go forward ) role RCD has been playing , and lambert the bloke who pushes up to stoppages ( Ross)
Out : dusty , lambert , aarts
in : CCJ , RCD and Ross

at a stretch you could prefer Caddy and or Naish instead of RCD and Ross . I think Caddy lacks leg speed something we don’t need less of and Naish is to outside .

None of us want Dusty or Lambert to miss but there has been comment on this board, maybe it has just been me, wondering how we are going to get some of the guys in the wings some opportunities. In jumper order only, Ross, Naish, Caddy, RCD, Dow, S Ryan, Martyn, CCJ, Chol, Biggy and even MRJ. That is leaving out Hugo and Garthy injured and Stacky still on the way back. They may not all have played well in the 2's last week but I am sure there are some that deserve the chance to replace our injuries and, as importantly, replace our poorer performers in the 1's.

It will be a huge challenge against an in form Doggies but we have to take the glass half full view that at least we get to see some of our younger guys on the big stage and see if they are ready.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back