Game Day Round 7, 2021: Saints v Hawks, at Marvel @ 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Jaeger or Wingard, our midfield could get utterly destroyed today and it could be ugly. Be interesting to see if Clarkson allows us to go head to head and take the game on, or if he goes negative with men behind the ball because of how bad our midfield is and just go for a damage control 5 goal loss.

Worps to have a day out with Jags out of the side. It should force his hand to be the bull on the inside he is and get a few monkeys off his back.
Love the tall forwards structure! I just hope we can get some good supply and clean ball from the middle.
Please, Please, Please Clarko... give Scrim a run in the middle this week.

No Jaeger or Wingard, our midfield could get utterly destroyed today and it could be ugly. Be interesting to see if Clarkson allows us to go head to head and take the game on, or if he goes negative with men behind the ball because of how bad our midfield is and just go for a damage control 5 goal loss.

I reckon Clarko plays to lose. Good call.

yeah, im pumped for the game too!

I'm expecting he gives our mids the freedom to play a natural attacking game and I'm also expecting him to make changes if that aints mids get on top and ours begin to 'get utterly destroyed'. A 5 goal lose would be much more tolerable than a 10 goal thumping but a win would be perfect. Either way you'll win, I'm excited for our young players.
Big Boy is crucial to our success today, he needs a big game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

O'Meara out is a huge loss for sure, but we need some perspective here. Our biggest concern in the midfield is the 'samey' nature of our make up. Losing 1 of Titch, JOM or Worps isn't going to suddenly mean we are missing a particular dynamic. Wingard hurts a bit more for that rotation, but i'd suggest that Punky and Cousins will get more of a chance to roll through there.

Wingard out arguably hurts more because now we have a trio of towers up forward with one less creative small at their feet.

Hi everyone. Happy game day.
Quick one. Does anyone who has kayo know if they show replay on-demand with no spoilers? Can't watch live today but have telstra so thought about signing up. Appreciate any advice

Cheers
Chop
There's a no spoilers setting on the right- then when you click into the VOD just click "play from start"

You can’t say AC has not gone all in re Youth. Some will say that is all that is left, but I suspect JOM and Chad could play if necessary. I like it. We are finding out.
I think we'll see a few games like this throughout the year to see where our young brigade are lacking. I'm tipping we'll see a largely defensive midfield today with a lot of our attack being through run and carry out of the backline (this is due to both Worpel and Finn having spent their last few games playing defensive tagging roles).

Hi everyone. Happy game day.
Quick one. Does anyone who has kayo know if they show replay on-demand with no spoilers? Can't watch live today but have telstra so thought about signing up. Appreciate any advice

Cheers
Chop

The AFL site actually has full replays as well so it depends how long after the game you want to watch. Usually the next day the full quarter by quarter replays are there. Initially they only have the highlights package which you shouldn't watch as you will see the scores.

eg this weeks will be here:
https://www.afl.com.au/matches/match-videos?Competition=1&CompSeason=34&GameWeeks=7

I usually download them and watch them on the TV. No ads either.

You can’t say AC has not gone all in re Youth. Some will say that is all that is left, but I suspect JOM and Chad could play if necessary. I like it. We are finding out.
Agree with this. No to concerned that we are erring on the side of caution with two of our best. Thought the Saints game was winnable now not so sure. Will be a very interesting game to watch. Go Hawks!

Agree with this mate.
Hi n a way it throws the fox amongst the chickens to see who can have an impact and where the plan Bs may come from.
It will be a very interesting game

I thought pre JOM and Wingard being rested that we would win if we beat them in the middle. But right now it doesn't look too good on paper:

Mitchell v Crouch
Worpel v Ross
Finn v Steele
Shiels v Billings
Cousins v Jones
Big Boy v Ryder/Marshall

With JOM and Wingard we definitely outclassed them. But given the situation Mitchell and Worpel will need to have huge games.

In the end the result doesn't really matter - just hope we play a positive attacking brand of football, and hopefully the young guys acquit themselves well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back