Preview Round 7, 2021: Saints v Hawks, at Marvel, Sat 1st May @ 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough week for selection. Gunston probably ready to come back in but also Jeka couldn't be any more deserving of a debut.

O'Brien to stay down back in light of Burgoyne injury. Forward line to see the entrance of Gunston or Jeka.

Will be interesting to see if they can somehow find a way to fit both Gunners and Jeka without making us too top heavy.

No probs. :) He's not a very good shot for goal, imo, but if he's clunking grabs, spreading packs and making life easier for Kozi, Broost and co,..

Can Kozi, Lewis Mitchell and Jeka make a 3 pronged forward line? Oh baby!
Yeah mate he always misses the ones when we need them badly! It’s getting annoying 😭. His been great this year though if he can tidy up the goal kicking jeez we have one here. The contested marking has improved dramatically. Kozi jeka Lewis is the future!

Rookie Emerson Jeka kicked 5.2 and finished with 20 disposals and nine marks in Box Hill's comfortable 56-point win over Northern Bullants.(20 + in 4 weeks )

In Gunners,Jeka.
out Burgoyne Moore. Finn swap Morrison

FB:Hardwick Hartigan, Frost
HB:Scrimshaw, Tob, Jiath
C:Impey, Jaeger, Phillips
HF:Bruest, Gunston, Wingard. 🖤🖤🖤
FF: Jeka, Kosi, Hanrahan
R: Mcevoy, Mitchell, Worpel
I Lewis,Shiels,Cousins,Finn S Morrison

3 pronged forward line of Jeka, Mitchell and Kozi. ???

Jeka:197cm, 87kg, 19yo
Kozi: 197cm 93kg, 20yo
Mitchell: 198cm 92kg, 22yo

That's a lot of height, but with the leading abilities of both Kozi and Jeka... and the grab of Lewis., it could be the makings of a powerful forward combination. Back to the future with the Clarko triangle of Roughead, Franklin and Boyle that was tearing it up for half a season or so. till Boyle got squashed under Buddy.

Put Breust, Brockman and co at ground level...

aaa.jpg

That's a lot of height, but with the leading abilities of both Kozi and Jeka... and the grab of Lewis., it could be the makings of a powerful forward combination. Back to the future with the Clarko triangle of Roughead, Franklin and Boyle that was tearing it up for half a season or so. till Boyle got squashed under Buddy.

View attachment 1111653
I think with Lewis taking second ruck duties it is worth a try. This is an experimental season. Jeka deserves a shot so let’s experiment with that. TOB down back for now and see if he can pull a Liam Jones back there

View attachment 1111653

HF. Moore Kosi Wingard
F. Breust Jeka Lewis

WING: Jack Gunston

A mercurial small forward, a hard working small forward and a veteran gun small forward at at the feet of 3 dynamic, athletic talls.
We could legitimately roll with this as soon as this week. Brockman and Hanrahan the next inclusions injury/form permitting. Seamus Mitchell the long term prospect to add more X-Factor.

In: reigning hawthorn best and fairest Jack Gunston
Out: silk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair dinkum we should beat this mob. We'll see how this group handles some expectation I guess
That's a real test, to beat the teams that are struggling.

Something we haven't done well the last couple of years to be honest.

No excuses next week though given what I have seen from the Saints this year.

Lewis, Koschitzke and Gunston as the three tall forwards, Hartigan, Frost and O’Brien as the three tall defenders. I think there’s a way for that setup to work. Perhaps Lewis plays as the second ruck.

If Jeka is in Lewis would be first out on performance of our KPF's. He gives no better than TOB and in the ruck he's horrid and if we stuck him down back Tilthorpe would have kicked 12 as he wouldn't keep up with him he's too slow.

However I haven't seen Jeka play much and most have him in the Kosi style which is the Gunston style, we still need a real tall to take the opposition extra's to gravitate towards them and he does do that, although no better than TOB.

Hartigan definitely has his role KPB to the likes of Hawkins et al, but a fast leading talls he definitely has his limitations. But I'm enjoying him a stop gap cheap shot old school defender.

Our problem today was Scrimshaw some previously had seen him as a future CHB for his intercept marking today once again showed he is absolutely hopeless as a KPD one on one. There is a difference between a intercept marker and a KPD for a start you ain't playing on the guy. N.B: This is not bad for Scrimshaws career overall he shouldn't be a KPD I'd argue he's more likely to be a winger one day day than a KPD and he's fine as a HBF.

Sicily for example is one of the few and what 2 or three inches shorter than Scrim who can actually play KPD one on one.
Lewis is our best kpf. Wtf you watching?!!

Bramble was one of the best players for Box Hill during the first half before he got
injured which is a shame as he could’ve been in the mix for this game.

Also is Brockman injured?? If not why wouldn't you bring him back from his 'management' offers more than ollie and Moore at this stage and will only get better with more games put into him
He did go off with a knock (hopefully nothing more) to the knee at Box hill on Saturday. Didn't return.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back