Status
Not open for further replies.

LMGjr

Premium Platinum
Jul 25, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Please explain further...
There isn't really much to explain mate. It's been clear we did the pivot, rather then a full 180, in-regards to our drafting/recruiting a couple of drafts back with height and now pace added - while still getting big bodies in like Hartigan = pivot rather then full u turn. We gave the top up thingy a try with Scully, Patton, and Hendo - it didn't work - it's not as big a deal as some make out, as it was worth the shot.

The freo game - watch it again, esp clarko when they showed him - he was back to studying the group without comment or any emotion. I'm often wrong and probably read to much into it, but I did post at the end of the game day thread that that game would be the turning point.

I have zero inside info or anything else - It was the vibe of the thing ;)

LMGjr

Premium Platinum
Jul 25, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
It means they were probably both bruised and sore AF, with a 6 day turnaround, and playing on the hard Marvel surface. It would not have been planned for both of them to need their bodies managed at the same time.
I think it's really good that we are now ready to rest senior players and have a good look at our list.

This is a major positive move forward long term.

Dewnior

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2007
AFL Club
Hawthorn
There isn't really much to explain mate. It's been clear we did the pivot, rather then a full 180, in-regards to our drafting/recruiting a couple of drafts back with height and now pace added - while still getting big bodies in like Hartigan = pivot rather then full u turn. We gave the top up thingy a try with Scully, Patton, and Hendo - it didn't work - it's not as big a deal as some make out, as it was worth the shot.

The freo game - watch it again, esp clarko when they showed him - he was back to studying the group without comment or any emotion. I'm often wrong and probably read to much into it, but I did post at the end of the game day thread that that game would be the turning point.

I have zero inside info or anything else - It was the vibe of the thing ;)
I was wondering who this was 'vibing' outside Optus stadium before the game....

images (19).jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad