Preview Round 7, 2021: Saints v Hawks, at Marvel, Sat 1st May @ 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to see Impey play in the midfield.

I think this has to happen - Both he and Jiath are going to have to go through there. Would love to see Finn tag Steele - I don't think the Saints have a deep midfield and Steele is there number 1. TOM, Worpel, Shiels, Cousins with Moore and Morrison to play some time on a wing. I really wish O'Meara and Wingard were playing as I think we would give this a real shake, we still might to Go Jeka Go Hawks!

not happy with the managed bit. cant see how taking out one of our best midfielders this season and inserting Gunners and/or Jeka will help anyone but saints :(
unless there are niggles to Chad and JoM that they arent telling us about...

means we are going in very tall...tally HO ! Huzzah!!

The club has been known to keep the truth under wraps. They said both Chad & JOM had soreness and we didn't want to risk them off a 6 day break. Whether that's true or not remains to be seen.

Big opportunity for Cousins, Finn and Worpel to step up.
Yep, best way to look at it.

6 day turnaround, Marvel surface, some sore bodies...let's hope we can cope with the replacements we have

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone have that tank gif handy ?

giphy.gif

oops, wrong gif

Actually not a bad game for us to go in undermanned in the midfield considering their woes and the fact that Marvel as a ground is all of 20 metres long anyway and we seem to be empowering our back flanks to take the game on as much as possible.

That's a tall team - 5 key forwards. TOB to go back you'd have to think. Big blow to midfield with Jags and Chad out but an opportunity for Cuz and Finn. Maybe Finn runs with Steele. I'll be there and look forward to Jeka's debut.

So, apparently, the reason Howe continued to get selected this year was because he played a specific role in our structure and he couldn’t simply be replaced by Downie (for example) because Downie couldn’t fill that role in our structures.

Well, can someone please explain to me how the **** Jack Gunston and Emerson Jeka are going to fill the roles of two of our best and quickest midfielders in our structure?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy for Jeka and excited to see what he can do but surely we are light on for mids now (if we weren’t already)?

not happy with the managed bit. cant see how taking out one of our best midfielders this season and inserting Gunners and/or Jeka will help anyone but saints :(
unless there are niggles to Chad and JoM that they arent telling us about...

means we are going in very tall...tally HO ! Huzzah!!
One more out at a guess

Losing Wingers too doesn't fill me with a heap of confidence but I hope we can find a way. Need Mitch and Worps to put in massive games. Maybe Shiela to wind back the clock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back