Preview Round 7, 2021: Saints v Hawks, at Marvel, Sat 1st May @ 4:35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really disappointed with the forced outs. My biggest concern is that our often questionable delivery into our F50 is probably not going to get any better, nor is our contested possession. We have to be mindful of this if our forward line struggles. Bringing in Gunners & Jeka for Jaeger & Chad is a bit like robbing Peter to pay Paul. Midfield depth is shot.

Really disappointed with the forced outs. My biggest concern is that our often questionable delivery into our F50 is probably not going to get any better, nor is our contested possession. We have to be mindful of this if our forward line struggles. Bringing in Gunners & Jeka for Jaeger & Chad is a bit like robbing Peter to pay Paul. Midfield depth is shot.
Gunners will play wing, so essentially a mid.

One would assume we are going to run a fair few guys through the midfield and one no one has mentioned yet is CJ. Would mind seeing him have a 5 or so minute burst to see how he goes.
I am salivating at the picture of CJ bolting out of the centre circle and snapping it full tilt , laces out to Kozi, Lewis, Jeka, Moore, Gunston and Bruest ! Instant six goals .

I hope Downie starts carving them up in the VFL, I can’t wait to see his raking left foot in action for the seniors.
Almost certain that both Gunston and O'Brien don't play forward, or don't play exclusively forward given our outs.

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk
yes sounds right and I wouldn’t discount Hartley playing either.

It would be ******* hilarious if O’Brien, Jeka, Nash, Lewis and Kozi all play forward tomorrow and we decide NOT to bomb it in aimlessly for the first time in about a decade.

Isn’t Nash an emergency? I doubt he plays given how tall the lineup already is.

This.

At the time of sharing it’s what I’ve been told. It may change between when I’m told and when the official team is announced.

I recall there was a time last season where Gunston was initially in but then didn’t quite come up so I let you guys know that he was out too prior to the official team announcements.

Couldn’t care less about the 1/100 dropkicks that post on here and discredit my info. Really like this board tbh, a lot better than almost all the other clubs.

I knew your info was fine when you named Jeka. The decision was made on Saturday last week.

Last edited:
This.

At the time of sharing it’s what I’ve been told. It may change between when I’m told and when the official team is announced.

I recall there was a time last season where Gunston was initially in but then didn’t quite come up so I let you guys know that he was out too prior to the official team announcements.

Couldn’t care less about the 1/100 dropkicks that post on here and discredit my info. Really like this board tbh, a lot better than almost all the other clubs.
Appreciate you sticking your neck out and offering what you know. We used to have a lot more ITKs in these parts but many don’t post as much after getting PM’d abuse every off season when a trade or FA doesn’t eventuate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree. Managing both players for this game makes no sense. Maybe one. Better planning required. Saints are vulnerable and this is a winnable game.

This will be the youngest Hawthorn team under Clarkson this year.

23 and under
Morrison 22
Lewis 22
Worpel 22
Hanrahan 22
Scrimshaw 22
Cousins 23
Jiath 21
Maginness 20
Koschitzke 20
Moore 21
Jeka 19
Eyas
This will be the first game I’m attending this year and hoping it’s one of many where I get to yell E JEKA LATION.
Err ok, nothing creepy about that!

Given Clarko has generally done every thing not to tank or play the kids over the past few years reckon the best explanation is simply chad and JOM are sore and don’t want to risk them on a hard deck with their injury histories.
Well said. Completely disagree with any talk of us ‘tanking’ and just not the way Clarko operates. The two big outs either really need the week, or Hawks medico’s hiding some bigger injury news, we have all been frustrated with lack of transparency in the weekly medical video before..

That being said, we are seeing Finn get a proper crack and Jeka debut! Hawks in a close one for mine!!

Agree. Managing both players for this game makes no sense. Maybe one. Better planning required. Saints are vulnerable and this is a winnable game.
It means they were probably both bruised and sore AF, with a 6 day turnaround, and playing on the hard Marvel surface. It would not have been planned for both of them to need their bodies managed at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back