Game Day Round 7, 2021: St.Kilda v Hawthorn *CROUCH 100TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That is a second string Hawks side......... where are the Saints that flogged us? You should deal with them easily imo.

Yep, WHERE ARE THE SAINTS that showed a pulse against you guys?? Nothing is easy for us at the moment, and as supporters we're coming down pretty hard after last year's fun time trip.

They've named Sinclair in the backline again, they're persisting with that again after he got a heavy lesson last week. He was then swung into the middle in the last quarter, won a few clearances and improved greatly. But nah, let's go back to the failed plan. Fingers crossed for the lad.
To be fair, it's not a failed plan, it's something he has to work on which is fine. You'd have to be the luckiest *er in the world for all your experiments to work first time. He needs practice.

It's worth persevering with because he is normally a decent kick (not lately granted) and could be a real weapon setting up from half back.

To be fair, it's not a failed plan, it's something he has to work on which is fine. You'd have to be the luckiest f***er in the world for all your experiments to work first time. He needs practice.

It's worth persevering with because he is normally a decent kick (not lately granted) and could be a real weapon setting up from half back.
So my caveman understanding of the modern backline is that you need a mix of stoppers and weapons.

The stoppers are super accountable and will look to stop their opponents getting a mark/kick before looking for one themselves. (Patton, Howard, Joyce, JWeb)

The weapons take more risks and will zone off in the hopes of intercepting a mark or starting an attack. (Long, Clark, Coffield).

My question is, which of those 2 groups has been letting us down more and led to every opponent scoring at will against us?

So my caveman understanding of the modern backline is that you need a mix of stoppers and weapons.

The stoppers are super accountable and will look to stop their opponents getting a mark/kick before looking for one themselves. (Patton, Howard, Joyce, JWeb)

The weapons take more risks and will zone off in the hopes of intercepting a mark or starting an attack. (Long, Clark, Coffield).

My question is, which of those 2 groups has been letting us down more and led to every opponent scoring at will against us?
The third group: the midfield.
Defenders can’t do squat if the midfield isn’t applying defensive pressure to the ball carrier. We have one way runners at the moment and opposition teams are doing as they will heading inside 50.

No excuses today. Anything but a win will be a complete catastrophe for the club.

We know these players are better than the crap they've produced recently and we need to see that today.

Saints by 24.
Crouch to be the ball pig we recruited with 42 disposals.
Butler to recapture last years form with 4 goals, all from the goal square.
Howard gets through the whole game without a disgusting turn over from one of his kick ins.

I want to see us play good footy. I don't want to see us look like a shambles and manage to force an 8 point win.

I think Paddy is a huge in but i'm still worried about the gameplay.

TBH no idea what we'll get today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn have the same amount of wins as us and a much better percentage. How’s that for some perspective.

I have little confidence in us winning any game, main thing for me is to see Bytel and Byrnes hopefully play well.

Put SOME sort of pressure on FFS. I’m tired of watching guys like Steele and Jones blatantly just watch players run past them.

To be fair, it's not a failed plan, it's something he has to work on which is fine. You'd have to be the luckiest f***er in the world for all your experiments to work first time. He needs practice.

Sincs needs to learn to put his hands above his shoulders in a marking contest at a minimum.

Sincs needs to learn to put his hands above his shoulders in a marking contest at a minimum.
He's shocking in the air and no good defensively.

He might look alright running off half back if the team is playing well and we have good defenders around him but right now he looks out to be of place.

I'd love to see Coffield use his pace a lot more. He's very fast when he gets going but you wouldn't know it watching him as every time he gets the footy he props and stands still. Needs to start breaking lines and becoming that attacking half back flanker we need.

Hawthorn have the same amount of wins as us and a much better percentage. How’s that for some perspective.

I have little confidence in us winning any game, main thing for me is to see Bytel and Byrnes hopefully play well.

Put SOME sort of pressure on FFS. I’m tired of watching guys like Steele and Jones blatantly just watch players run past them.

Hawks have actually lost a few close ones too. Apart from Melbourne they haven't had any real blow outs. They had a 50 point loss to them where Melbourne were slightly more accurate that they were against us but should have won by 10 goals again.

We’ll be winning this comfortably. I’m expecting a lot more magnet shuffles today. Especially in the midfield. In the short term, Ryder is as big in for us as they come. I just wish it wasn’t for the long run. We suddenly become potent in the midfield and forward line with just his inclusion.

Suggested bet: Saints by 40+ @$4.50.
Membrey first goal @$11
Most disposals group b: Billing’s @$4.75 looks juicy.

Pew Pew.

On paper we should smash this but I actually think the Hawks have been playing better footy.

We don't have enough mongrel campaigner junkyard dog types in the team. All early picks, nice guys, or trade targets whose value gets inflated by being told how much we want them.

Time for these boys to show some fight and really take it up to a team for more than the 30 minutes we got against West Coast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back