Game Day Round 7, 2021: St.Kilda v Hawthorn *CROUCH 100TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t be writing Long off just yet. Yes he’s been poor, a bit undiscovered and his form isn’t where we need it but he’s been more than handy in the past. I think the whole team is in a bit of a dip at the moment so we’ll need to ride it out until we get some form back.
I look at us playing atm and think this isn’t us, this isn’t what our team is capable of whether we have the right game style or not.
I think he is a rabbit in the spotlight, and doesn't make good decisions under pressure and gives away dumb frees that put the team under pressure.

Got a scratch on my cornea yesterday, it’s not too bad but a bit uncomfortable. My only ask for today is that watching Saints is less irritating than this - it’s a low bar.

Nah, I do have a really good feeling about the game today. Ryder back lets our mids get first use more and have another good target forward in Marshall simultaneously.

- Saints by over 25 points
- King to kick 5
- Bytel to get his first 20 possession game
- Steele the usual 25+

Last edited:
Correct.

if the midfield forces teams wide andthe half forwards defend so that we limit overlap run from behind.

your defenders can push up and attack.

currently, we are 1:1 in the back half due to the ball coming in that often, So We can’t create mismatches and we can’t impact the contest and create rebounds due to this.

if we can’t rectify the issue in midfield. I would be interested to see what the old loose man aka SamFisher role would do in the modern game.

would also help us with possession and tempo whilst we attack.
The trouble is that every team have worked out that we blind bomb the ball out of defence when under pressure and so they set up an umbrella forward defence to take possession and set up for multiple entries. Law of averages has them scoring eventually.
This is nothing new, it was the same under Cho.

Something to make us all feel better...

My boy ameeto's finest hour.

Just quietly, bainsy has continued on being a gun at the doggies too.

We're fortunate that lethers landed in our lap courtesy of his dipping the pen in the company ink... or else losing ameet would have been huge.

This reminds of the Gold Coast game up in Townsville in 2019. Flat as, feel like it doesn’t really bother me what happens. Gold Coast got off to a flyer and we hung on mainly thanks to them missing shots in the last. I think this will be similar although I hope I’m wrong. Just has a similar feel to it. I also feel just like I did for that game.

Leaving to head to the game shortly, but I'm so unenthused by the prospect.

I can't even see myself barracking today because I'm ECO so will probably just sit in silence and sip my beer.
This will be me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn’t be writing Long off just yet. Yes he’s been poor, a bit undiscovered and his form isn’t where we need it but he’s been more than handy in the past. I think the whole team is in a bit of a dip at the moment so we’ll need to ride it out until we get some form back.
I look at us playing atm and think this isn’t us, this isn’t what our team is capable of whether we have the right game style or not.
He's never been "more than handy". At very best he's been serviceable for short segments of games. He's shown flashes of being a competent player. That's it. Let's drop the whole "he's still developing, give him time" act because let's be real he's 24 now. He should be entering the absolute peak of his playing capacity and we're just about seeing it imo. As big a flop as the crap Winmar.

He's never been "more than handy". At very best he's been serviceable for short segments of games. He's shown flashes of being a competent player. That's it. Let's drop the whole "he's still developing, give him time" act because let's be real he's 24 now. He should be entering the absolute peak of his playing capacity and we're just about seeing it imo. As big a flop as the crap Winmar.
He’s pretty *en hopeless and I’ll disciplined.

A few things to look look forward to in this game - Bytel and Byrnes in the line up together and it will be good to see where they play.
Joyce , hoping he can show he has a future for the club.
and of course King kicking a few goals and if Hill can run amok.

All the best to Brad Crouch (100th) and Higgins (50th)

Got a scratch on my cornea yesterday, it’s not too bad but a bit uncomfortable. My only ask for today is that watching Saints is less irritating than this - it’s a low bar.

Nah, I do have a really good feeling about the game today. Ryder back let’s our mids get first use more and have another good target forward in Marshall simultaneously.

- Saints by over 25 points
- King to kick 5
- Bytel to get his first 20 possession game
- Steele the usual 25+
Dunno about king 5 but had a feeling in my gut all week that skunk is due for atleast 4

A few lucky bounces in congestion early on for a change would be nice. Let’s win the clearances for once.

Win, lose or draw I’ll be chugging froffys all arvo. Beer of choice today is Carlton Dry then onto a few Stones Ginger Joe’s to celebrate the win.

Surprised this is only Crouch's 100th game, guess it shows how injury prone he's been.

Hopefully he can have a big game for his 100th, he's been underwhelming for us so far, he hasn't been terrible but he hasn't dominated any games yet.

Spicy.

Stop. Phunter time.

I'd rather get Carlisle back in as a ruckman than go back to Hunter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back