Autopsy Round 7, 2021: St.Kilda v Hawthorn *CROUCH 100TH*

Remove this Banner Ad

We need to find Battle a position and leave him there. As others have suggested, I worry he is going to feel dejected and seek a trade. Has he ever actually said what his preference is? He might pull a move like Carlisle did on the bombers, and seek a more stable role in a preferred position elsewhere.

Ah that's correct.

Spida got us Barry Brooks

:oops:
I still remember that I’ve game he played against Brisbane in 2006 where he kicked three goals. Mainly because he did nothing prior or since.

Geez we’ve let go some great players in the past. Stewart, Spider, Hall, Lockett. Can’t even think of the others, but there’s more.

Winmar, Dale Kickett, Adrian Fletcher, Matty Carr, Lappin, Joel Smith, Guerra you could write a phone book for guys who we moved on. I wonder why we have no father son selections ever?

We could have used McCartins aggression in the first month.
If only to run out some players who destroyed us.

It’s like Ben Long if he’s going to be aggressive and give away needless fifty metre penalties he at least could take a dangerous player out of the game like he did with Darcy last year.

relax mods I’m just being facetious

Ryder's tap work is pure art. I know Gawn and NicNat win a lot of hit outs to advantage too, but I reckon Ryder's taps to advantage are the best in the league (and probably the best I've ever seen).
some of Ryder's work was magnificant and drooling. i wish we had a number of years with him as ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still remember that I’ve game he played against Brisbane in 2006 where he kicked three goals. Mainly because he did nothing prior or since.

He was a tall forward in a ruckman's body. Sadly when Barry did his knee he never regained his confidence. He definitely had talent.

Winmar, Dale Kickett, Adrian Fletcher, Matty Carr, Lappin, Joel Smith, Guerra you could write a phone book for guys who we moved on. I wonder why we have no father son selections ever?

A few of those were outside of our control.

From memory
Fletcher wanted more $$ but was a massive loss.
Carr wanted to go home to Perth
Smith- well Hawthorn threw a big guaranteed contract at him.
Guerra was a flashy FP that Clarko transformed
Kickett- can't recall.

Cuz... well that still sticks in my throat. Rather than supporting him through a real tough time, we thought he was too much trouble.

A lot of blokes in the 80's were sold simply so the club should survive. The debt on the F$%^ing grandstand cooked the club for decades.

He was a tall forward in a ruckman's body. Sadly when Barry did his knee he never regained his confidence. He definitely had talent.
That’s true.

like Aaron siposs he showed talent and I thought something would happen but sadly it didn’t.

Happy with how Crouch is slotting in. Five games in now for him and I think he will be the player we wanted him to, providing we use him in the right role. His two quiet games (Essendon and Port) have been in the two games we have used him between midfield and half forward. This is a complete misuse of him and hopefully they have figured that out now. Stick him in the guts and leave him there. His disposal numbers read ok - 15, 26, 25, 18 and 32. Puts him at 23 a game. I'm confident he'll get that to 25-30 over the season. His clearance work has been good - 5.4 a game. 5 tackles a game and 10 contested possessions a game.

That’s an exceptionally bizarre thing to say when none of those you mentioned or or who were mentioned in the post you responded to have had any sons play senior AFL football for another club.

Are you really back in full-blown woe-is-me, everything-this-club-does-is-s**t mode on the Monday after an 11 goal win?

Last edited:
That’s an exceptionally bizarre thing to say when none of those you mentioned or or who were mentioned in the post you responded to have had any sons play senior AFL football for another club.

Are you really back in full-blown woe-is-me mode on the Monday after an 11 goal win?
It’s was a question..

Knock knock
Who’s there?
Alice.
Alice who?
Alice fair in love and war.

Love you AR.

Are you really back in full-blown woe-is-me mode on the Monday after an 11 goal win?
I don't think anyone is out of the 'woe is us' mode ...welll not until we have proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that we can get that kind of result from the teams we should on a consistant basis. The old "one swallow maketh not a summer." Anyway it is fair to say that our father son return is few and far between.

Anyway it is fair to say that our father son return is few and far between.
The Cats and Bulldogs get offspring to fill Premiership teams; the Pies get inundated with Moores, Browns and Daicoses, and we get a bloke who's main claim to fame is getting bitten on the goolies :rolleyes:

Are you really back in full-blown woe-is-me, everything-this-club-does-is-sh*t mode on the Monday after an 11 goal win?

Who's woe is me? We were having a laugh at some old names, chill out dude. I was in a good mood until you turned up with you overly sensitive old lady attitude.

The Cats and Bulldogs get offspring to fill Premiership teams; the Pies get inundated with Moores, Browns and Daicoses, and we get a bloke who's main claim to fame is getting bitten on the goolies :rolleyes:

To be fair him getting bit on the balls in the Chad's Nads affair was one of my greatest football memories. Peter Flindia's finest moment on a footy field too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back