Preview Round 7, 2021: St.Kilda v Hawthorn - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 1st May, 4:35PM AEST *CROUCH 100TH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 23 46.9%
  • Hawks

Votes: 26 53.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
MyRLODY.png

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Unfortunately our confidence is shot and our depth is pathetic. I mean there should be about 6 changes but really only Ryder Byrnes and bytel can play. Out are McKenzie suspended hill injured and long dropped. Butler should be out but there isn’t a replacement. Even Byrnes is going to have to be played out of position.

LiterallyNobody

Cancelled due to poster being a Campaigner
30k Posts 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Harry Potter Fan Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds Shiny Penny
Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
this really is a lose-lose

we win: big deal it’s only hawthorn
We lose: just yikes

Bank the four points and move on.

kernelT

Can go any club
Aug 15, 2010
Chiraq
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Louis Slungpue
We wouldn't be in this mess if we'd gotten more games into tommy walsh, eli templeton and freezer.

Last edited:

LiterallyNobody

30k Posts 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Harry Potter Fan Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds Shiny Penny
Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
I think we have more hope of banking a million dollars than 4 points and we are 12 million in debt.
I didn’t say it like it was a formality. I just meant let’s not worry too much about the repercussions of this match. Percentage is irrelevant. Let’s just win every game from here on in.

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Can't say I'm confident of even beating Hawthorn with the way we're playing.

Hawthorn are nothing special, they are an average side at best but they at least give 100% effort and are competitive in most games they play, they haven't had any really bad losses like we have where they have been completely uncompetitive.

With us you just don't know what sort of effort you will get from week to week, we gave great effort in our wins against GWS and West Coast but our effort has been pathetic at times in the games we've lost. If we show that lack of effort against Hawthorn they will roll us for sure but if we show the effort we did against GWS and West Coast we should win as we have them covered for talent.

As for changes, hopefully Paddy is back which would give us a huge boost in the ruck and up forward.

There are several players that deserve to be dropped after their performances against Port but we just don't have the depth at the moment to replace them with anyone better. Long was terrible and normally you would drop him but with Webster, Geary and Paton injured there's no one to replace him.

LiterallyNobody

Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
Just in case it’s not clear because I probably sound confident - I am not the least bit confident about this match.

Would say it’s a danger game but another loss just reinforces the season over whereas a win just prolongs us absolutely declaring it.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Just in case it’s not clear because I probably sound confident - I am not the least bit confident about this match.

Would say it’s a danger game but another loss just reinforces the season over whereas a win just prolongs us absolutely declaring it.
No I like your idea of winning every game.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
I have a real positive about next weeks game. I can’t go. On a golf trip to Yarrawonga. 2 of our most iconic moments have happened this weekend. The wool goal and max crying after the dogs game. This week it will be me crying at Yarrawonga mulwala golf club. The game starts at 4.35. I imagine I will be crying at 4.45.

Mikka84

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 9, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Unfortunately our confidence is shot and our depth is pathetic. I mean there should be about 6 changes but really only Ryder Byrnes and bytel can play. Out are McKenzie suspended hill injured and long dropped. Butler should be out but there isn’t a replacement. Even Byrnes is going to have to be played out of position.
Agree with all of this

Aug 13, 2016
South Gippsland
AFL Club
St Kilda
I have a real positive about next weeks game. I can’t go. On a golf trip to Yarrawonga. 2 of our most iconic moments have happened this weekend. The wool goal and max crying after the dogs game. This week it will be me crying at Yarrawonga mulwala golf club. The game starts at 4.35. I imagine I will be crying at 4.45.
And thats got nothing to do with the footy - dont think the golf club has VB on tap anymore mate...

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
Who cares
I care. I always care. Even after we lost our first 3 games in 1985 by 100 points I was there for game 4. I want to win every single game we play but with this club it’s never about winning. It’s about hope. Unfortunately it’s no hope at the moment.

Aug 13, 2016
South Gippsland
AFL Club
St Kilda
I care. I always care. Even after we lost our first 3 games in 1985 by 100 points I was there for game 4. I want to win every single game we play but with this club it’s never about winning. It’s about hope. Unfortunately it’s no hope at the moment.
King, Coff, Clark, Battle and Bytel give me hope mate, they'd give me more if we utilised them properly though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back