Preview Round 7, 2021: St.Kilda v Hawthorn - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 1st May, 4:35PM AEST *CROUCH 100TH*

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 23 46.9%
  • Hawks

Votes: 26 53.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As snapped Achilles ffs, are you going to blame Paton for breaking his leg too?

Yep, weak. I didn't say it was his fault, Hanners isn't deliberately injuring himself either, just so ******* unlucky as usual. He's not exactly off-setting the Carlisle trade right now because he can't get on the park. He only played last year because Covid gave him a break to recover from a PCL, came back and had stress fractures in his back after another 10 games.

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
What point would there be in bringing in Darragh Joyce for one game and then shipping him straight out again? He needs a run of a few games and the match committee timed it perfectly, starting him in a tough match so that he immediately gets some idea of what's ahead of him before matches where the opposition aren't quite as drilled and seamless. He will still need to play his role.

As for Jake, it's true that we haven't seen him in the backline, but we've seen him fail to raise his arms meaningfully above his head to grab that vital mark on the goal line last week and we've seen him to fail to compete against a ruckman that made Jason Blake look like Thanos in the Richmond match. He would be faster and more agile on a mobility scooter at the moment. The only reason he got any game time at all is the credits he has in the bank and his height. I love him and I think he's good for the team, but the harsh fact is he cannot physically compete right now and we need players who can compete.

Maybe Joyce can grow into his role, maybe he can compete, but the truth is that if a battered beaten up version of Jake Carlisle is the difference between us beating a dreadful Hawthorn side and being beaten by them then we can put a pin in the season anyway. We might as well find out if there's any use in keeping a young virtually untried player of some speed and decent height.

Plugger_87

All Australian
Jun 11, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
It would help if Gresh could get on the park. Last 2 years he looks like Hanners injury buddy.

Who was it we passed up Shai Bolton for again. Was that Long? I'm depressed again watching this game. Lonie for Caleb Daniel as well.

Don’t stress mate we would’ve played Caleb Daniel as a small forward and delisted him after 2 years

Premium

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 8, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
I'm glad we're playing the kids, but I wonder if playing Byrnes and Bytel is so that Ratts can blame youth for losing. I'm not sure that it's a good sign. Might be that he's losing faith in them.

My Richmond mate still reckons that something stinks at the club. He said you don't go from finals to North Melbourne overnight unless there are major problems inside the club. North are the only team close to as bad and they had 14 players cut off their list at the end of last year and plenty of good ones like Higgins and Brown.
Midfield - lose in the midfield and you get opened up - no one expected us to be this bad - however you lose Marshall , Ryder and have a underdone Jones and a injury to Gresham has not helped.
Don't want to blame it all on them because our forward line and back line have not been great - hopefully we improve , I 'm wanting King to really step up and take contested marks and kick a bag.

Well I was going to go tomorrow. ******* Tickettwat are so s**t. It won't let me just claim my ticket without paying for upgrades on all 4 passes, 2 of them I probably won't use and will just get them in case so I don't want to pay $70 for nothing. Now none of us will go. The AFL needs to sort this out, I deselected best available. If you try to get the free member tickets it crashes and wipes all you credit card details and and name and address. It's been working last couple of times I went. I have just wasted 20minutes I'll never get back. They will be lucky to get 50 people tomorrow.

Jun 17, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Midfield - lose in the midfield and you get opened up - no one expected us to be this bad - however you lose Marshall , Ryder and have a underdone Jones and a injury to Gresham has not helped.
Don't want to blame it all on them because our forward line and back line have not been great - hopefully we improve , I 'm wanting King to really step up and take contested marks and kick a bag.

I'm hoping he leads. We keep hearing about this turn of speed he has...it would be good to see it at some stage outside of the goal square.

I just can't see the way we set up forward getting a bag at the moment. We seem to make it more congested and more constipated every week. Hopefully Marshall resting up forward will stretch the Hawks and build our confidence up.

Alright after 3 attempts at the absolute s**t that is the ticketing system I managed to not have to pay any extra by sitting up the back of level 3 behind the goals and have 3 tickets instead of 4. So much for my members upgrade on the tickets but at least I now have the option of going once my ticketrage settles. Now I'll just have to bribe my kids to go. At least the restaurants can have the money instead of those ******* incompetents at Ticketmaster now.

Sully111

Premiership Player
Jun 10, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda
Well I was going to go tomorrow. ******* Tickettwat are so sh*t. It won't let me just claim my ticket without paying for upgrades on all 4 passes, 2 of them I probably won't use and will just get them in case so I don't want to pay $70 for nothing. Now none of us will go. The AFL needs to sort this out, I deselected best available. If you try to get the free member tickets it crashes and wipes all you credit card details and and name and address. It's been working last couple of times I went. I have just wasted 20minutes I'll never get back. They will be lucky to get 50 people tomorrow.

Call ticketmaster when you get a chance

Sep 27, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Chelsea, Black Caps, Subiaco
Joyce is basically keeping the spot warm until Frawley is deemed ready, unless he happens to go better than expected in the meantime.

So Joyce is keeping the spot warm for an injury prone Frawley when we have a perfectly fit Carlisle on our list.

FER1V0V.gif

Call ticketmaster when you get a chance

Have you ever called them before they try to frustrate you to death. Usually put you on hold for 20 minutes and hang up. The give zero shits. Th AFL didn't care either. Blamed too many idiots wanting to go to the footy last time. Said their system is good. They deserve o lose a lot of money through this fiasco. It's the most inappropriate ticketing system but they sold out to get a deal and didn't care about the fans. When ever I have tried to buy tickets through them to have guest come to the footy they can't organise it. You have to stand at a ticketing window and miss a quarter of footy instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back